1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other RC helicopters!

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 16 May 2010.

1. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

That and I have been told that because they are stronger, if they dont break. something else will. and a cheap blade is easier and cheaper to replace than a servo.

2. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

That's very true. Good wooden blades are the way to go until you stop crashing.

You can buy cheap Chinese CF blades but they are generally very thin, flex a lot, and are near impossible to track.

3. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Just arrived today :D
    [​IMG]

Still havn't decided if I'm going to jion my local rc heli club. What's the law on flying these things in public parks?

4. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Something very specific like 100m from people 150m from buildings.

Might be 50m and 100m, can't remember.

5. aradreth

aradreth What's a Dremel?

Join your local club it will seriously reduce the amount of money you'll end up spending on repairs if you fly for a bit with a buddy box set up (when you inevitably make a mistake they can take control and recover it for you). Also don't forget to get insurance http://www.bmfa.org/

6. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

Just had a go on a sim, and it's really good fun, though pretty hard to land. I find the aileron control gets confusing when it's facing toward me. Just hope I don't crash the real thing as many times :D Going to get the insurance, I think my local club (norfolk rc helicopters club) lets people attend once for free to see if they like it or not, so will go check it out.

7. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

Sorry for the delay..

Well, to be honest it is SHlT, useless little thing..
    I have only flown it like 5 times, and have bought a Huges 500E body for it, hoping that the added weight will make it more stable for scale flight, as it is impossible to do some reasonable 3D or sports flight (at least for me).

I would not recomend anybody that is new to this hobby to buy one...

I crashed one of my 600's yesterday..
    it was the newest addition, a gasser (gasoline powered) with a weedwacker-engine on it..
    the muffler fell of while I was checking the tracking (individual pitch) of the main blades, and had a hard landing due to being surpriced by stuff falling of...

broke the landing gear and the flybar... will be up and running again this weekend.. :)

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

There's a 600 gasser??? :0

Man, I need me one of those. Love big birds, hate big bird costs. The 600 spares aren't far off the 450 are they?

I saw pics that they were making a 700 gasser, but unless the 700 parts are mega reasonable I'm not interested. The 400-600 it cost to repair my milly was enough to put me off for life. You can buy a car for that, hell you can buy a couple.

Looks good hanging on the wall with a synergy can on it though. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 7 Jun 2010
  9. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

ahh.. forgot to mention...
    conversion kit from Helibug

10. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Agh, I forgot how overpriced heli stuff is for a moment there.

11. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

*bump*

I didn't get any of my three out for more than a couple of hours all summer this year :(

I must get them out more often next year! I need the practice :D

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago after putting it off for an age.

Bought an Esky Honey Bee V2, there was a lot of chatter on heli forums about it being a great idea to learn on a small FP with a terrible tail to teach good basic skills... Done alright so far, after much setup work and getting it tuned I was doing some great controlled hovering (even in fairly poor wind conditions at one point), but after about 10 flights the tail motor packed up mid-flight, and it took a pretty serious tumble.

So far I've spent about £35 on parts, having had to buy a complete new head set due to some completely un-removable grub screws on the fly bar... Looking forward to getting it back in the air, although I've already started eyeing up the devilishly tempting CP's like the King 3. Truth be told I'll probably just buy the E-smart as a cheapish entry to big choppers and be damned with the cost!

13. Alekoy

Alekoy Ostekake!

I had pretty much the same problem, been spending way to much time at work, including 5 weeks in Klaipeda, Lithuania, right in the middle of the best part of the flying-season. :(

14. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I bought a PC about 5 years ago specifically to run a model flight sim, (I used to build and fly IC planes) found that they were a bit rubbish.

Then got into PC gaming.

Last edited: 17 Dec 2011