1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD3 Gladiator Cables

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Phil, 9 Nov 2001.

1. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

Wow !

These things look good.....BUT I'm really not so wowed over just by the mention of 3 or 4 different types of metal used in the manufacture....and I'm skeptical as to whether or not these things will provide any performance boost, yet alone 15%....

If normal ata/66/100 cables aren't that much better than 'normal' rounded cables, I can't see how these will be any better either....

ALSO....

Is that an LED I see there ?

[​IMG]

Long ago we discussed adding a led inline with the cable...looks like they might have actually done it :)

Only problem with doing it this way is the LED flashes for any activity on the channel, be it the master or the slave.

2. Phil

Phil What's a Dremel?

Looking at the pic more closely, and given they would have mentioned it if it were an LED, I reckon that thing is the grounding wire...to screw to the case (like between the hdd screws and the hdd cage.)

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

I thought the same when I saw the pic... looks like an earth to me,

r.

4. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

surely if it were an led they would advertise the fact?, still looks pretty neat thou, 15% speed boost sounds a bit outrageous thou

5. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

sweet stuff
    bitter price

always the case for the stuff with the best looks ever