1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDP issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by goldstar0011, 28 May 2019.

1. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

So I have my main PC, 2 monitors, main is 1920×1080, the 2nd one runs a nice little 1366×768 and I'm having some issues with RDP usage.

Issue 1

My server is tucked away under the stairs so I access it through RDP, when I full screen it on the main monitor, looks and feels as if the I'm using the server all fine but when I move the RPD session to the 2nd monitor and go fulls screen the theme returns to basic and becomes unresponsive but I know the clicks, drags and key preses are being recieved because if I move the RDP to the main screen it returns to normal and whatever I did has worked.

I think it's something to do with desktop composition setting as that stops the issue but them all screens loose the theme etc

Issue 2

The RDP loads to the the main screen, when I move it to the 2nd screen and maximise, it's trying to keep the resolution of the main screen so it's adding scroll bars.

I do prefer the RDP on the 2nd screen as sometime I'm watching YouTube etc whilst getting the server to do stuff.

Help is appreciated

2. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Sounds like the second monitor is getting see as 1080p; is the monitor driver for the off-screen 'playing nice' with the RDP app.?

Is the RDP app. set to default to the off-screen...?

3. WarrenJ

WarrenJ Well-Known Member

Can you manually set an RDP screen resolution like you can in teamviewer? This may help with Item 2.

4. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

Yes but even it loads on the 2nd screen it's windowed so i have to full screen it manually

5. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

You sure your 2nd screen is 1366*768, native...?

6. GeordieStew

GeordieStew Member

Try Remote Desktop Connection Manager (now an MS product). It's good. And you can play with display resolutions.

goldstar0011 likes this.