1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Re-fill Swiftech H220 questions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AT0MAC, 8 Dec 2017.

1. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

I have a Swiftech H220 I bought it last year, the last unit in my country of this pretty old model so got it for a really sweet price. It is though showing signs of the actual old age it has and sounds a little like the fluids are not up to the level its supposed to, it makes noises sometimes like if there is more air in there as what is supposed to.

Im about to rebuild my system with a new CPU and therefor at the same time would like to refill this to make it tip top shape.

I have two questions:

• Would it make sense to rinse it out with some kind of cleaning agent, like Sysclean HPD or so, or would you not even bother?
    and
    • What should I refill it with?

Is distilled water just fine, I actually have some Alphacool Ultra Pure water from my last water cooling project, or would you use a pre-mixed kit like maybe EKWB CryoFluid?

It does have a fill port on the radiator so seems pretty straight forward to service this AIO, just not sure how advanced I actually need to make it.

2. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Don't just fill it with distilled water. Use an inhibitor of some kind - even if all the heat transfer components are made of the same material and galvanic corrosion isn't an issue, you'll want to prevent fungal growth.

3. AT0MAC

AT0MAC Pirate Captain

Do EKWB CryoFluid include the inhibitors you think I should use?
    https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-cryofuel-clear-premix-900-ml

To me it sounds just about right, but I could be totally wrong so better ask arround :)

4. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, that'll do it. Of course, some distilled water with a splash of domestic radiator inhibitor will also work. :)

AT0MAC likes this.
  5. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Car Anti-Freeze also includes anti-corrosion protection