1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Read if you care....

Discussion in 'General' started by hypocrisy86, 18 Mar 2004.

1. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Well.. i was afraid to mention this to all of you
    thinking id be dispised.. and such
    but ill be bluntfull. and subtle
    i have Schizophrenia,Anxeity,Bipolar and depression
    to all of you that understand, just know im on medication right now
    60MG of Geo don, 300MG of effexor XR
    and well....i get massssive heart burn,back problems,blurred vision
    and at nite i see things.. etc..kinda scary ass **** if i may say so.. :sigh:
    well... im glad i spelt it all out..... and nah i dont need sympathy like i said
    understanding would help...

2. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Thanks for sharing man. And NOBODY should ever fear posting on bit-tech for fear of being despised. We're a supportive, positive community and that's why we've grown so strong in numbers.

Hope it all works out for you buddy. There's always plenty of people here ready to listen.

3. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Thanks :thumb: i posted my feelings on the Postal 2 Forums and got the opposite effect.... those *******s...

anyway... thanks... helps me alot
    heh i should sleep its almost 5:00AM here :p
    i skipped my Geo don :lol:

4. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

Wow sounds like you have a hard time.
    I live in finland and I've never known anybody who had anywhere near as many problems as you have. Not even when i was living abroad. It makes you wonder though, why are some unfortunate people born with so many problems.
    Which leads me to another train of thought. Seeing a shrink isn't anything particularly uncommon in the US. Lots of people end up taking all kinds of medication. We don't do that here. So is it that we get by without therapy here cause of our culture and cause it isn't really necessary, or is it that americans in general have more of this kind of problems? In which case, if americans do have more of these problems, why? Does the therapy/medication actually help? What would happen if you didn't take your medication? How long have you been on the medication, and how did you find out that you needed it? I'm just curious. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
    The only medication i ever take is for a pollen allergy that affects me every couple of years. My eyes water and itch and my nose gets a bit runny. So then i just take a pill every so often and that usually sorts that out. On average I usually put up with maybe two weeks of symptoms per year and i only take the medication during that time.
    Asthma is another thing that's a lot more common in USA than here. I don't think i know anybody that has asthma. It really does make you wonder...

5. warrmr

warrmr What's a Dremel?

as for ashma its a where you live thing. and also as each generation goes on instead of it dieing out it is becomming more.

there was 2 people in my form with ashma i also have ashma 1 of the people i work with has ashma and now if you think about it thats only in a small sample of people i know.

6. penski

penski BodMod

All of the above and more. Took myself off meds when I turned 16 because although I was more 'acceptable', I felt awful to myself.

Not touched meds since and I am currently the happiest I've ever been. I take each day as it comes and have learned little things to control my symptoms.

I used to keep a diary but I don't bother with it any more - some find they help...To catalogue your symptoms and so forth but for me it didn't work.

*n

7. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

i take 60MG of Geo Don and 150MG of Effexor XR
    been taken em for a while
    and it sux..

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

What's to dispise? All manner of people have all manner of problems... yours is no worse than any other is it? Schizophrenia is just one of many mental health issues. My girlfriend suffers from deppression, and possibly borderline personality disorder.

Talking helps, so just lurt it all out on here if you feel the need one night... so long as it's in the general forum no one will mind, and if they do, then they're showing how narrow minded they are.

It's estimated that around 10% of people in the UK have some kind of serious mental illness or disorder, and are not even aware of it... talking not only helps the sufferer, but also aids those who may not be aware of their own problems.

9. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

I have BPD and depression... hey, maybe we should start a bit-tech user group for crazy-modders *grins*

10. hypocrisy86

hypocrisy86 Banned

Amen :thumb:

11. AcEmAsTr

AcEmAsTr Banned

i have an anxiety disorder, take 50mg of lustral a day, nothign to be ashamed or expect harmful responses over!

12. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

I have a slight anxiety problem, but I just take an acid reducer to keep myself from getting ulcers and that's the end of that. I

If you ever need help dude, someone to talk to, etc., we're here for ya. :clap:

13. dom_

dom_ --->

i'm allergic to milk.....

guess it doesn't come so close.

I have to agree with Djgizmo, they way he was heading. In my upbringing if you had a problem, you talked about it and carried on. You made yourself better by letting other people help and helping yourself.
    Remeber your life is what you make it. No one makes it for you. You can do anything you want. If you want to quit work fly to india and become a cow hurder no one can stop you.
    Your life is controlled by you, make descions and take your life where you want it to go.

Something that also helps is everyday do something different, even if it is going a different way to work or talking to someone who you have noticed but never be-friended. Always think about something different to do each day. It will take you to places you didnt know existed. The other day i went a different way to uni and ending meeting a girl at the bus stop. Im going out with her monday! :clap:

/end Therapy