1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Ready Player One Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 6 Apr 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

You didn't read the book, did you? Honest question.

silk186 likes this.
  3. timmehtimmeh

timmehtimmeh Member

the book trounces over every element of this film. I came out so sad... but knew I would be. there was no way to do justice to the book in a 2 hour film. All I can do is hope that HBO buy out the rights and do a GOT style series... it would be so good. But, I guess this cant happen due to copyright.

The only bit I liked as an addition was the race at the start and perhaps the Atari scene.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I'm tired of these makeovers for movies these days. What is wrong with sticking to what made the books a success? I get it that there have to be changes to make books into movies, but literally changing everything apart from character's names and the general setting ('there is a dark tower... something, something, something, .... mystical... something... multiple worlds... doors....") of the movie-verse? The Dark Tower is the prime example of destroying a possible franchise based on a great series of books before it even began. Then there's Hunger Games and Maze Runner which were at least more or less successful financially. RPO seems to be the next victim of making pop-culture/YA literature into a movie "based on the book". Yeah.... no.

/rant

Tags: Add Tags