1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Overclocking Realbench v2!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-16, 28 Jan 2014.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

As usual it's a benchmark that runs scripted events in open source programs. It tests the whole system not just the CPU: so total system efficiency (every component running optimally) is crucial to a high score.

Changes:

> All open source apps have been updated to the latest levels. Our dev even contributed to the Luxmark project! ^_^

> New stress test is super heavy. It's an iterative load of several applications that sends power/load spiking all over the system (it's not super heavy on storage though as we don't want to rag your SSDs). You can set it to run between 15 mins to 8 hours and load the memory up to different levels.

> New OpenCL test that scales pretty much perfectly over all available GPUs (or failing that, CPU cores). The better the product commitment to OpenCL, the better the score. Works with HSA systems as well.

> Integrated ROG CPU-Z and screenshot function

> Anyone with a Win x64 7/8/8.1 system can run the app. For ASUS MB or G-series NB users you can upload results to the leaderboard. The board can be filtered and holds the (general) spec details of the systems uploaded so you can compare how people achieved their scores.

> Offline upload is available for those who want to run on dedicated benching systems.

> ROG forum achievements for shits n giggles.

2. Deders

Deders Modder

[​IMG]

Will try again after a fresh install to see how much difference it makes.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Currently ranked 7th but hopefully will get above 100K tomorrow once I have finished my pc.

[​IMG]

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

You'll need to push your memory a bit more: GIMP loves memory frequency!

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Downloading this and will see how high I can push my 980 to run it with 12 threads.

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I think my ram will run at 1866mhz for a benchmark run but will have to see.

Only just managed to finish my pc off, so have not tried running this again yet.

7. flame696

flame696 Terminating People Since 1980....

just did a clean install of Win 7 and here are my results

CPU @ 4.8Ghz

RAM @ 2400Mhz

[​IMG]

8. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

[​IMG]

Notice the new release doesn't report the full CPU speed / multi, but uses the lowest idle like setting for reporting... the last beta didn't do that.
    [​IMG]

9. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

This is what I run 24/7

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Jan 2014
  10. Andre_B

Andre_B Minimodder

i7 - 3820 and GTX 680 both stock

[​IMG]

11. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I have tried running my cpu at 5.0ghz and 5.2ghz with my ram overclocked to 1866mhz and it keeps crashing no matter what voltages I throw at it.

CPU temps per core max out at around 75c when it's running at 5.2ghz using 1.575v in the bios but 1.6v in CPU-Z.

Will investigate tomorrow at some point and have a proper play.

12. Deders

Deders Modder

Interesting how a few people are getting 21288 for the OpenCL score, but with different KSamples/Sec

What is a KSample?

13. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Well I've had a go at it.

First run was with the Titans (before I removed them as I've sold them).

[​IMG]

Re-run with my new R9 290X's (at stock till the waterblocks arrive).
    Out of interest, I was running this in Eyefinity mode on 3 screens. Does this make a difference to the scores as my multitasking score dropped a fair bit on the AMD run?

[​IMG]

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Not something we have tested extensively to be honest.

How many KSamples Luxmark can render per second. We could only run a set time (90secs) so it registers how many KSamples it can generate in OpenCL. We did have to turn down the weighting on it a bit other 4-card people would blow everyone out the water, but I will check!

Yea seems to be a bug with some people. Should work as previously.

15. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

Well I tried it tonight with the new 14.1 Beta drivers. They don't like this program at all. The open CL score dropped to around 77,000 points. Think I'll wait for the full driver set before updating them again.

16. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

17. xxxsonic1971

xxxsonic1971 W.O.T xxxsonic1971

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Regarding OpenCL test:

a) The OpenCL test does not factor much on your total score. It weighs much much less. Meaning the only way that it will make a difference for you is if you are at the limit of your system's performance. Small overclocking changes is unlikely to affect the score, but adding GPUs should do.

b) The OpenCL test has nothing to do with 3d performance. There is no 3D test yet in RB. That will come in the future, where OCing of the GPU will affect the score.

c) OpenCL is the open API. Meaning it runs on every GPU. CUDA on the other hand runs only on Nvidia hardware. For this reason we could never add CUDA test.

d) We know OpenCL underperforms on Nvidia and that's a matter of the driver. The hardware can certainly do it. Nvidia should just update their OpenCL drivers.

e) If you score is literally stuck at on one value it means one thing: there's something wrong with the OpenCL driver you have installed. The OpenCL test is not static at all. It renders a scene using OpenCL and checks how many thousand samples per second your card(s) can do. Stuck number means something is not working right on your system under OpenCL. If it's something that bothers you, start with cleaning out and reinstalling the display driver.

19. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Need to run this again and see if I get a better score with my GPU's running at PCI-E 16x,16x compared to when I ran it last time which was, PCI-E 2.0 16x,8x I doubt it will make a difference but worth a shot.

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

i ran it yesterday and can't remember my exact score, it was in the low 80,000s