1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ⭐ Realgar Project

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by SaaintJimmy, 12 May 2019.

1. SaaintJimmy

SaaintJimmy Active Member

Made a lightbox for the front layered panels, I made it with red LEDs at first but I'll change it to WRGB later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And now doing something that I think could be implemented in a possible "Gaming Version" of the SL600M: a lit trim behind the front panel!

I started cutting an acrylic frame to size and bending it using the original panel as a template

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I put the frame behind the aluminum I had to adjust the bend radius so I heated more and shaped it perfectly

[​IMG]

As for the plastic part of the front, I cut off all the pieces that were sticking out, to allow more space for the cables that will run through the front

[​IMG]

Here are the lightbox lit and the front trim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 11 Sep 2019
    Cheapskate likes this.
  2. SaaintJimmy

A quick look at the first tubing mock-up. I thought I would do something less intricate with the loop this time but I just can't help it, I love parallel runs :D

[​IMG]

Made the bracket for the PSU mounting in the top section

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I reshaped the two back panels with this characteristic cut I'm bringing along this whole project, to make it smoother and more geometric

[​IMG]

Also began working on the front and top panels cutouts, I made this simple design in Silhouette Studio, cut the stencil and went over it with a pen once I applied it to the panel, this way all the sections in both panels will be exactly the same. It would've been hard doing it by hand since they're very irregular shapes. Obviously cut with my trusty scrollsaw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as anticipated in the previous post, I swapped the red LEDs of the lightbox with WRGB strips

[​IMG]

Arboreal likes this.
  3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Lovely. :D The red lit interior reminds me of an old gas space heater.

4. SaaintJimmy

Man everyone keeps comparing my projects' features to other things and I can't do anything but say "I can't unsee it now"! :grin: