1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows RealLife Vs Crysis Graphics

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by keir, 13 Mar 2007.

1. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

To be fair fluid mechanics is pretty processor heavy and hard stuff to do...

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

I figured, was just answering the question of where did I see bad water animations ;)

Dynamic water would be really cool still :D

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I'd rather be able to play the game :p

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nice pics there:D
    You only need a DX9 system to play, but obviously, DX10 will enhance your pretty graphics even more :D

Sam

5. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

This is where I think the Quad core CPU's of the future or the PhysX processor will really help in making games more realistic.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Well, we're playing crysis here, not uber ship simulator, so proper fluid mechanics for water is nothing more than a very expensive (processor wise) bit of eye candy, that would improve it by a noticeable amount, but only a small amount, at a great cost. It would also add absolutely nothing to the gameplay side.

7. section8

section8 What's a Dremel?

innit, some people are never bloody happy are they!

8. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

Why should I be happy about it ? Do i get it for free? No, it's just another step in photorealistic graphics and my hand has to go further into my pocket once again (not this time though, i'd rather wait for holographic virtual reality with force feedback body suits, then i'll invest).

9. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

lmao, its only like £30 for the game

10. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

I'm not talking about the game price but the price we have to pay cause this specific game is introducing new standards aka new graphics adapter with all the shiny effects and DX69 support. Yes, it's a lot more than £30 if you want to enjoy this :p

11. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Why are you making such a song and dance about the evolution of PC gaming?

Yes it cost more to have the features, do you expect everything to run on legacy hardware? Nobody is forcing you to buy it, but how can you be so narrow minded as to complain about the cost of progress?

You can still play Ninja Scooter on the Amstrad 464, but then you have 30+ minute load times, crap graphics, noisey tape drive, no lcd screen, no mouse, chunky keyboard, unstable OS. You can complain about everything or embrace the future and accept it because it aint going to change.

If your having issues about the cost of a PC which will allow you to play this then I cant wait to hear your complaints about the cost of a 'holographic force feedback what ya call it' :eyebrow: (not in your lifetime)

I'm ready for Crysis now so my only complaint is that I cannot yet buy it.

Last edited: 19 Mar 2007
  12. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Too true - either accept technology/gaming advancements or ignore them. The latest technology, although expensive on release, always becomes affordable and obtainable for the masses.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

There is also something called low settings, you don't have to play the game at max settings, you don't need DX10, in fact I heard crysis doesn't really use the new DX10 features to full effect, and all of the older vidoes are actually DX9

14. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Ahh right :thumb:

15. FaIIen

FaIIen origami killer

I'm not even playing games anymore, not like i used too at least. And I won't be playing crisis. The only thing i'm saying is that you're being manipulated by companies, they're giving you technology in slices, with every slice being more and more overpriced each time and you even thank them for it. With every new game coming out it's like "oh look another reason to upgrade my computer, again!". At least you can be a bit perceptive and don't consume everything they feed you. I try to...ok you don't care, however i'm free to express my opinion and if you don't like it i don't care more than you care about my view on the subject.

peace :)

16. Pie_uk

Pie_uk British beef, in Britain

i was going to ask can you use a DX9 card on this game? i dont want to ditch my x1950xtx tbh.

^^ reading the above , sounds like it should be more than fine

17. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Yeah I don't think it's required like Halo 2, now THAT is some nasty consumerismy stuff like FaIIen was saying.

18. kempez

kempez modding again!

Well people still play source on VERY old cards like ti4200's and it runs. Doesn't mean to say it looks good though.

Technology comes in slices cause they have to develop it, then put it to an unsure market cause if it doesn't sell then they are screwed. If you don't like advancement then don't buy into it early...simple as that.

19. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

Thats awesome, had to check a couple of the pictures twice!
    Still no confirmed news on the spec to run this at a decent level.
    I'd be interest to see what a 8800GTX does to it!
    Also there was some comparisons with DX9 vs DX10 on Crysis things like Explosions and falling rocks looked stunning.

20. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

Thanks for posting OP pictures.

We all have to accept that gaming on PC at games max settings is gonna be a bit more expensive in future although it's quite hard to find a time that it was'nt.

Tags: