1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster really funny thing i saw

Discussion in 'Modding' started by dead_man, 27 Oct 2004.

1. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

a guy brang his comp in for a new modem and wanted an upgrade. he had kno idea what was in it so i took the side off. had a a7v8x and a 1ghz duron and there where cobwebs everywhere :jawdrop: was on the ti500, the ram, hdd and floppies and there was quite a large spider in there (round 3in wide) unfortuantly i have no pix :waah: boss didnt have batteries for the digital camera :wallbash:

2. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

one time I was walking my gf through taking apart her laptop (cause she gave it a bath) and i told her to take the battery out, and the guy that was helping took the hard drive out instead. I figured this out after she said "it is still flashing"

I have another funny story, but i cant remember what it was...

3. Brew

Brew What's a Dremel?

While i was picking up some computer gear at the local computer store, the guy who was helping me told me a story while he rang me up, about a guy who came in with stuff he bought that was mysteriously fried. As it turns out, he somehow managed to smash an Athlon into the socket BACKWARDS, naturally when it was turned on, the proc board and ram decided not to play nice anymore and it was all fried. Im sorry, but if you dont know what a ZIF socket is you have no business being around a computer. :hip:

4. CyberSol

CyberSol 1337 Pants

Remembered now. I had to help out a lady who thought that the only way to get to a different window was to close it, and open up the one she wanted.

yikes!

5. spunk_knuckles

spunk_knuckles What's a Dremel?

I had to "help" a lady at work, she wanted to view a webcast in ie for whatever purpose, they told her to I guess, but her homepage was set to netscape.com so she couldn't figure out why she kept opening netscape and not ie. It was very hard not to laugh in her face

6. KingofHearts

KingofHearts What's a Dremel?

*fixed. hijack

Tell him to install a vantec tornado. If any more spiders try and get inside they will be in for a treat for sure.

Last edited: 1 Nov 2004
  7. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

LOL @ KingOfHearts!!

I built a pc for someone recently and they didn't even know how to turn the thing on or put a CD in!!! I'm having to write them a tutorial on how to use it! :sigh:

Grrr :grr:

8. the harlequin

the harlequin What's a Dremel?

You know that people really need help when on the manufacturer's website you've got to put up an entry in the FAQ about how to move the computer (at the apple website... can't remember the URL), or "Which one is the 'any key', I can't seem to find it" (the Dell site I believe).

Well I suppose you could look at it this way, they're the type of people that are going to keep us in jobs.

9. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

So what did you tell him? "Yeah, I see the problem. It's a computer bug..." :p

10. Slayer the Unholy

Slayer the Unholy What's a Dremel?

People like that should not be allowed to own computers. My grandparents all know how to use a computer properly.

11. hardflipman

hardflipman What's a Dremel?

the "any key" thing was on compaqs website.

i used to work for them in a call centre.

one day a woman phoned who'd been left a computer by someone in there will. so she got the computer and was having difficulty setting it up. i talked her through connecting all the parts but she couldn't seem to grasp the concept of putting the keyboard and mouse into the tower. after a while it transpired that she only had a monitor keyboard and mouse!

and the time when someone sent a laptop back that apparently had the paint peeling off it. the persons kid had doused it in blue paint! i've got pics. it was quite incredible...

12. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Where are they then, these photos?

- H.

13. Peanut[UK]

Peanut[UK] What's a Dremel?

Heard a story from a college lecturer about a "computers for old people" type course (you know the sort.. "this is a mouse", "this is a keyboard"). It's a good thing really, I suppose, that these people are willing to go to classes to learn something about computers..

Anyway, when being introduced to the mouse and the cursor, the class was told "move the mouse up and down". Someone picked up the mouse off the desk and waved it up and down. Brilliant.

My step-dad was concerned he couldn't see all of a scanned document (it was in JPEG format). Had to introduce him to the joys of resizing windows.

14. smoguzbenjamin

smoguzbenjamin "That guy"

That reminds me of my mom :D She asked me how to get onto the internet so I said "click on IE and then type the URL of where ya wanna go." So she managed to start IE, and went to the address bar and typed "france" :duh:

It was insanely funny :eyebrow:

Last edited: 24 Nov 2004
  15. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Well... I got one for you guys. Ok, my mom went out and bought herself a new computer... Then she descided that instead of letting me set it up quickly... She desided to do it herself. It took her 3 hours to get the whole thing plugged in and stuff (All the cords with their conectors. ect) And when she was done, it turns out that she had the whole tower upside down, the keyeboard plug was jammed into the mouse slot, she somehow forced the cat5 cable connector into the connector for the built in modem (she must have cut it down to size or something), AND to top it all off. Once we got the whole thing fixed and whatnot, she managed to jam a CD into the cd drive so that it was inbetween the tray and the circut board...(she didnt open the drive or put the disk in the tray, she just flipped down the drive door and shoved it in there...)

You know. Im gona be so freaking worried about them when I leave for collage... :worried:

16. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

You cannot be serious! :eeek:

17. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

that could be kewl, but are spider guts conductive. Cause then the spider would still have killed your hardware in death :).

18. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

I hate those kamakazie spiders. But in my system my 3 Tornados would push it to the middle and hold it in place.

19. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

/temp hijack i am building a HTPC case out of plexy and was wondering what thickness is good one to use. /end of hijack

20. scotty6435

scotty6435 What's a Dremel?

Uh, random?