1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Realtek ALC888S / ALC885 5.1 problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by echeb, 2 Jan 2012.

1. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

I have a Logitech X-530 5.1 system pluged into a Realtek ALC888S / ALC885 on a MSI 770-C45 and under Windows XP pro 32 bit SP3 it only outputs to the green jack. This is bareable when using media player because tit puts sound to all the speakers but when I listen to music from Chrome it only puts it to the front L, R and base. Also to get anything out of them in the first place i had to unplug the headphone front panel connector from my Antec 300 case.

I am running driver version 5.10.0.5898 from Microsoft. I have tried updating it via MSI Live Udate 5 (terrible program, wont bother with it in the future) :wallbash: . It took an hour to download and then wouldn't install. I then downloaded version 6.0.1.6487 from the MSI website its self wich took an hour again and then when i tryed to extract the .ZIP folder it said 'folder incomplete or corrupted'. Then I went to the Realtek website where i found one but it would only download 30.1 out of 30.3mb before being interrupted, I tried this twice. (it also recomends being viewed with Netscape 7.02 :eeek: )

I don't know what to do other than re-install XP which is a hassle, especially for something as small as this or to get an Asus Xonar DS

2. echeb

echeb What's a Dremel?

Just tested it in my Ubuntu 11.10 partition and its coming out all 3 jacks fine so in know this is a Windows problem. any help would be much appreciated.

thank you! :)