So, I've had to take some time off on my FlameProof project, due to health reasons, so I've been working on restoring my first trumpet, the one I started band with in 5th grade. That's a long time ago. In fact, the trumpet will be 21 in September. First, I'll start with some pics of what it looked like before. I didn't take any befores, but you'll be able to see the damage immediately when I show the pics of the work I've done. That established, let's start with an exploded schematic of what we're looking at here. On my horn, 24 was missing, as were two pieces of 76 and the entire thing was dented, as well as the leadpipe (18) was ruined. The leadpipes of the YTR-2320 was designed for secure "slotting," or note placement, but it felt stuffy when you got more air than a beginner. Mine was especially bad. This was confirmed by three different technicians. So, what's a guy to do? First off, that leadpipe is GONE. I think I'll use it for sacrificial brass. Now, for the rest of it... There's the stripped valve cluster. The black is from burned epoxy lacquer during disassembly. If you can't work vented, work outside. Rule #1. Various bits and bobs, as well as a slide cooling in a bowl of water and an outer slide tube I'm modifying. Third valve slide and the bell, also damaged. The first valve slide, rebuilt to accept a saddle on the top tube for tuning purposes. This was not in the original design spec for this model. Another shot, showing the burned lacquer and solder that will have to be scraped. Both slides reinstalled, checking alignment. This will be repeated throughout the process. The first slide, freed of lacquer. That took a LOT of effort. Valve cluster, partially cleaned up. When all else fails, kill the lacquer with fire. It's HIGHLY chemical resistant (more on that in a moment) but the fire burned it to the point where two more days with superfine steel wool removed it. Yeah, two more. Remember I mentioned alignment? The fire warped the soft solder connections, requiring me to spend two hours getting them back into line. But I did. Persistence and patience. More of the fire damage to lacquer and the valve slides. This is all fixable, not too difficult but it LOOKS like hell. The trumpet bell, with the lacquer partially burned off. The bell also had the fortunate side effect of being annealed by the process. Two birds with one frog. That's where the pics stop for now, but rest assured I have more progress I need to shoot tomorrow. The valve cluster will be almost unrecognizable, I promise... This thread is in response to the mention of handcrafting horns in the Foxconn thread, this is what I do ever since I was handicapped-nothing but time now, and this is a lot of hurry up and wait.