1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Receiving death threats

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Impatience, 6 Jul 2014.

1. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

There's a girl I've been seeing for a while now. And unfortunately her ex (breakup was in feb) has turned sour towards me. He's been sending vague threats towards me for a while, but recently he's been sending death threats.. I feel like I should bring this to the police, as he's started getting others to message me similar things. Is this worthy of a 999 police call, or should I dial a different number (if there is one..?)

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Not worthy of 999 at this stage, imo. I'd just find the phone number for your local police station and give them a ring. Good luck.

3. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Take it to the police, get an incident number. If you keep getting messages, keep reporting them and log this. After a while the police may choose to have a word in his shell-like; that usually stops such behaviour.

4. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

Sorry to hear it. Just an FYI although the non emergency police number is 101 (and I agree that you should contact them and get an incident number as Nexxo says).

5. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

101, thanks guys. I'll give them a call and get it all logged. Turns out that my gf got death threats aimed at me on her phone as well.. Her parents have contacted the guys parents (we're all low 20's) and that hasn't done anything I stop it.

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just send him some proper naughty pictures of you and the misses, then sit back and waiting like budd in kill bill.

[​IMG]

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Better still, hire someone like Budd to have a frank exchange of views with him. :p

8. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Either you or the police needs to make a record of this guy being told that you consider his texts etc as harassment.

If you ever want to take a harassment case against him in the future there needs to be a record of him being told first. Harassment offence is based on repeat incidences.

Easiest way is probably to ask the police to have a word/put something in writing to him.

Once he's been told, if he continues and you can prove it then you've got a harassment offence the police should pursue.

9. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

No Police Force will pursue a harassment for something like that. The protection from harassment act has become so bloated with case law that you can't see the wood through the trees. The guy needs to be stalking you day and night for months before a court will convict for it.

You have however got offences under malicious communications and misuse of telecommunications which are much more easily proven.

Keep the messages, get a clear record from the Police that he has been warned, give him a chance to stop. If he continues, speak to the Police again to pursue it further. If you don't want the stress of prosecution/court then consider changing your numbers.

10. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

Maybe I'm a bit 'Middle Age' but got find the f****r, tell him to get the f***k over it and if he don't get the message, there is always the falcon kick.

Sent from my 3GS!

Sent from my 3GS!

11. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

This is definitely worthy of getting the police involved and for people who think "its not that serious" - I work with people who have gone to court and been given various unpaid work, interventions and supervision orders due to "harassment" based text messages.

So I assure you, if you go to the police and keep reporting them, showing them evidence etc they will pursue it.

At the age of 20 etc the youth have little idea of how serious their behaviour is or the possible negative consequences for their future prospects from something as simple as harassment - Many credible institutions that are worth working for nowadays do CRB checks and any offence not mentioned can bar you from gaining employment these days - it can seriously screw up future careers so if hes being immature, this is defo worth pursueing

12. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

I've let the police know, as apparently he started sending things to all her other male friends also.. So there's a log of all the things he's put across to people. I think they must've had a talking or something, as it has stopped since.. For now.

I haven't replied to any of his messages, nor acknowledged them apart from blocking his facebook etc.. But if he starts again i'll straight tell him there's a police log and that I both find it harassment and that everything he says to me is being logged.

Not sure if it's related or not, but my Snapchat username has obviously been posted in some gay forum.. :wallbash: You can probably guess how I know.. I dont even open the snaps, just insta-banhammer!

13. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Wow, what a charming fellow he must be - I can't imagine why your gf ever left him... :eyebrow:

Probably just an impotent act of an a$$hat - it's likely that knowing the police have a log of his behaviour will get him to wind his neck right in.

14. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I have some Biker contacts matey they are very good at having words with unruly idiots just one look at them is enough, seriously though I agree with Nexxo phone 101 and explain what is happening the fuzz should get this sorted for you in no time

15. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Yeah, apparently he was "alright" to start with.. But nowadays looks (and obviously acts) like the stereotypical police mugshot model! :duh: Here's hoping he doesn't start up again! :nono:

16. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Inform the Police and get an incident number as Nexxo said. You don't want to be involved in another scenario where Gazza is turning up with a bucket of chicken.