1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Recommend a FF Steering wheel and pedals for Project cars

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Chunkers, 21 Sep 2015.

1. Chunkers

Chunkers Meat Popsicle

Heeey,

I bought a copy of Project Cars to play with my son (he loves cars), I stream it from my gaming PC over the network to our HTPC in the lounge via Steam.

This works beautifully, by the way, but we have tried playing with our Xbox controllers and found the game is difficult to control and we are both hankering after a steering wheel and pedal set.

I know force feedback will greatly improve the whole experience but was fairly astounded at the cost of them, my googling suggests the Logitech Driving Force GT is a good wheel but £187 seems a lot. If this is really the best bang for the buck then fair enough but are there any reasonable quality alternatives?

I don't want to buy a really cheap piece of crap which is just going to spoil our fun but it is also true that I am not after the fulll simulator experience and this is for casual gaming, much respect to those guys with the full setup but I don't think a couple of hours at the weekend really justifies the cost of the Logitech G27 for us.

Any recommendations much appreciated.

Chunks :thumb:

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Well-Known Member

it has to be the g27, think of it as an investment for the next 2 to 3 years. @ 3 years thats around 20pence a day to have a good experience,

I remember reading once that the worlds best iracers have won the no1 place with the g27. Its a great wheel I only moved up to the t500 but i foundly remember the g27 and only had to fix the slipped disc encoder once after many hours.

I would get the g27, not aware of any thing as good at that price point

Chunkers likes this.
  3. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

That Driving Force GT you gave as an example is way overpriced, they should be £120-130, you can get a G27 for around £180.

Although personally I would (and did) spend the extra for a G27, lots of people swear by the DFGT, and it would suit you perfectly if your only after a more casual racing experience.

Chunkers likes this.
  4. Chunkers

Chunkers Meat Popsicle

Thanks for your replies, no question that the G27 / T500 are awesome but I wouldn't get this past Mrs Chunkers.

You were absolutely right about the price of the DFGT on Amazon, I found it from Argos (on ebay) at £109 and put the order in.

Really appreciate your responses.

Chunks