1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend me a bike… for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'General' started by ChromeX, 30 Nov 2009.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Right guys I need your help, It's my missus’ birthday on the 16th and she wants a bike. She’s laid down some very specific rules on what she wants; but essentially she wants some old fashioned looking. Kinda like this:

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...d=Trek&Model=Cruiser+Classic+Womens&Type=bike

But in black, imagine something from a black and white French movie and you’d be in the ball park for what I’m after. I’ve got about £200 to spend and less would be better. As much as I need your help, don’t bother recommending anything from Pashley as its over priced dogshite. Anything else I’ll consider.

I've had a look about and I did find some good models for about 150, but it was in red (a simple paint job will fix that) but I lost the websites :wallbash: Cheers guys!

Last edited: 30 Nov 2009
  2. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

3. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Have a look at electra bikes, they might have something your looking for. A bike shop can get them from a supplier called Hotlines in Scotland (West Coast i think). As for the Pashley that is a quality bike mate and would last forever which is the reason they made all the bikes for Royal Mail for so long.

4. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Awesome bikes, defo in the style im after; the amsterdam is exactly what im looking for. Its just a bit too pricey :(

Best i've found so far, is the raleigh oakland

http://www.cyclesuk.com/138-248253?source=webgains

The front basket has to go... she wants wicker :p another one of her specifications!

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You could look at the giant expression womens range, you'd probably have to find your own basket for it, but they seem to fit the bill otherwise

6. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Another good recommendation cheers! Love the frame, colour is a bit modern... nothing a paint job cant fix though right?

Last edited: 1 Dec 2009
  7. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Yeah forgot about that one, very nice bike they sell well in my shop but the colour sucks (i'm guessing your looking at the one with the black fade in the middle?). If it doesn't come with a wicker basket you should be able to pick one up (or get another family member to get it) for about £20.

8. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Is your Girlfriend Dutch and homesick by any chance?

9. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Lol nah she's just a bit... odd guess she'd have to be really, going out with me an all :) As per your typical women she's gone completely for looks over functionality, given that alot of manufactures like to charge extra for things that look pretty and slightly antiquated *cough Pashley bikes* its just left me in a bit of a pickle. Though thanks to Cookie Monster and titanium angel, the situation isnt a bleak as it first seemed :thumb: