1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend me a courier!

Discussion in 'General' started by bigc90210, 17 Jan 2013.

1. bigc90210

bigc90210 Teh C

Alright everyone?

Looking to get couriered my 3 monitors and to get a 27" monitor couriered from the other persons to mine. I've never ordered a courier before so have no idea if theres a best/worst service to use.

Any suggestions are appreciated, obviously the cheaper the better but i want my goods to get there the condition i send them in!

Cheers

C

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I use parcels2go tbh theres not much between them really I think parcelfarce is one of the few that do insured on monitors

3. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

If using Parcel2go, or not for that matter, DO NOT select a Citi Link option if you like your monitors!

4. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

They are all much of a muchness, the secret is to package your item(s) in preparation for a direct nuclear blast :thumb:

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

This, I sent 2 and sandwiched a few layers of bubble wrap between them, then wrapped them in bubble wrap and taped them together, I then wrapped them in card and bubble wrap again before wedging them in a box with those huge bubble wrap pillows on all sides.

Think I used CityLink or Yodel (was DHL) via Parcels2Go and I had no problems.

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

+1

7. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Technically, it's not the children's game "pass the parcel" you know!

YEHBABY likes this.
  8. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Check the T&C's for the Courier to make sure they would cover damage to screens.

9. TheDodoKiller

TheDodoKiller Minimodder

As others have said Parcel2Go. If you care about the items you're sending, like monitors, then in my experience, avoid citylink and Herpes. Yodel, in my experience, have been really good, and nothing's ever been broken. I've not had any problems with TNT either, and I sent a bike through them with not a single problem, and that was protected with a load of old work shirts.

10. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Perhaps worth thinking about Collect+ as well, although not sure on their policies.

If I were posting a monitor with its vulnerable face I'd probably go down to a metal merchant and buy a sheet of steel/alu to pop in the box and protect it from stabby impacts. Adds a touch of weight, but not enough to make a significant difference to shipping costs.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I think that's overkill :)

Look at how television/monitor companies package their products for shipping. A sturdy cardboard box and formed polystyrene. Now most of us don't have the option to use polystyrene, but it's quite easy to get hold of loose-fill packaging (Wotsits) and bubble wrap. Just use a box big enough to ensure that if anything does penetrate the box it can't reach the goodies inside. I usually go for about 4" of clearance.

Note: don't use actual Wotsits unless you are delivering these to an arch-nemesis of yours ;)

12. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

I know, if it had been a game of "pass the parcel" I would have invited you! :D

13. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

Well invite Nealieboyie, theyll be easy to open because his wrapping doesn't survive CitiLink ;)

14. wodgah

wodgah What's a Dremel?

I have just been on the parcelforce site and it says they dont cover monitors, in fact i actually cant find one that does cover monitors now which is proving to be a problem as i have just sold 2 monitors and need to send them out monday and cant afford to replace them if they are smashed without insurance, any recommendations gratefully accepted.

15. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator