1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Recommend me a 'smart' phone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DeckerdBR, 29 Feb 2016.

1. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

What about the new Xiaomi mi5. Very like the s7 , same spec, pretty much anyway, has its only unique stuff. I like there own flush camera with the better ois. For just over £300 i think from gear best

Would but it if i had the money. Budget wise there mi note 3 is awesome too. Its 5.5 inches tho. Have that one myself. Great phone. Camera is meh tho. Speakers garbage too

2. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Just an update, as I really appreciated the advice from everyone.

I went into Carphone warehouse and had a play with the Experia Z5, the Nexus 7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge, sadly they had none of the One+One types phones (a bit of bias towards the big players maybe?) and made my decision from there.

I decided to go for an S7edge, and ended up paying for about one third of the phone and then going on a contract at an acceptable price for the rest.

So far so good, it is ninja fast and looks like a quality phone. The screen crispness and colour is amazing and the new fast charge is awesome. Who knows if I will regret going big brand again in the long run or not getting 'pure android' on a nexus device but for the moment I am happy and the phone is a massive step up from my previous LG G3S.

Cheers!

3. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

OnePlus sell directly through their website. Means they can control manufacturing reducing waste etc and keep costs down. S7 looks to be the phone for this generation, TouchWiz has always been the deal breaker on Samsung Devices for me but it's not the worse out there and the rest of the phone is outstanding. Hope you enjoy!

4. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

would never pay the money again for a flagship not when theres same spec ones coming out of china for much much cheaper, and its not all cheap crap that breaks anymore.

One plus
    xaiomi
    Meizu

theres loads

5. rollo

rollo Modder

One plus the old one that you want is super rare to find in the uk. The new one is awful for the money. The new Asus phone is a better phone for the cost.

Xaiomi from a decent site for good money good luck. Ebay is your best bet and I would not buy from there myself

Companys like ASUS are offering very comparable products to the china phones and offering them for similar prices from more safer sources.

6. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

I'm looking to break away for the year contract cycle too. I'm looking at buying a decent factory unlocked phone. The two main contenders are the OnePlus X for £199 and the Honor for £10 less.

Currently on a very temperamental Nexus 5 with a battery that will charge when it wants too.

7. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I have to agree. I bought one for my brother with great specs for the price and he loves it. A few companies have stood out by stepping up their build quality a lot over the last couple of years. All they need is a bit more love from custom rom makers, because software-wise they're often loaded with junk.

8. Behemoth

What Chinese phones are worth looking at ? Seen so many I'm rather confused by the range of choice and models.

9. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

There's some decent reviews of a few at PC Advisor

10. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

most u have to import and wait a month or pay that tax baby, but worth it, had my xaiomi note 3 for about 6 months now. Love it, battery awesome, screen awesome, speakers pish , and the camera is pretty decent in the correct light, front facing has trouble focusing, move slightly and its gone, pain in the bum for a selfie

11. Behemoth

I'm not ever likely to take a selfie so thats never going to be a problem for me :)

For a giggle I bought an iPhone 4 at a local boot sale for £20 today, locked to 02 which is fine - I have put a GiffGaff sim card in it - and to my surprise it works perfectly !

12. stephen0205

stephen0205 MrSteve

Lol its still a good wee phone with surprisingly good camaras for its age. All be it tad slow

13. Behemoth

Yeah I did notice its lack of power, but only having 512 meg of ram, its to be expected.