1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Recommend me a Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Hitman, 7 May 2004.

1. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

I seem to be getting into racing games a lot more lately, like Colin Mcrae Rally 04 (which is an amazing game). But trying to use the keyboard is really annoying :sigh:

So Ive decided to get a steering wheel, but Im not sure what to go for. A couple Ive looked at are the Saitek R440 and Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP. Both are below £50, and seem to be good. I would prefer something with force feedback, as Ive found it does make games seem more 'alive'.

Can you guys recommend anything upto £50?

2. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

You can't go wrong with products from Logitech

Cheers,
    Mike

3. fallenSaint

fallenSaint What's a Dremel?

Im assuming your playing it on PC in which case Saitek makes great products, but if its console Id suggest Mad Catz myself.

4. dom_

dom_ --->

i have the r440 and it doesnt dissapoint, no problems with it at all. Although the feedback needs to be set just perfect. Otherwise your arms will be thrown around the place if too high, if too low the car will go all over the place.
    I have only had it for 2weeks now but have used it most days no problems with it yet.
    I highly reccomend it.

5. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Yeah, I will be playing on the PC :thumb:

I have read some good reviews about the r440, so I may give that another look :)

6. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

DO NOT get the wingman formula force gp. There cheap pieces of junk. If you look online you can find them for under $15. It was the worst wheel I ever had. I used it for a week before throwing it out. Look for reviews before buying.

7. Hitman

Hitman Minimodder

Thanks for letting me know :)

Tags: