1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Recommend me an LCD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by MrBadidea, 24 May 2002.

1. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

Right, I have about £60-70 to spend on an LCD and I am looking for some recomendations...

I am looking at about a 2*20 output with atleast 4 GPOs, which I am going to be using for my Cathodes ;)

as for the colour of the display, I is not all to bothered but a bl00 one would fit in with my colour scheme :D

2. Cheese

Cheese Doc

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

4. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Hehe... vfd's are nice :) I did compare this LCD to a vfd in the same bay insert, I think the lcd looked slightly nicer - though it's just personal opinion (I had both at the time and I'll have neither in about a week, so I'm not biased :p).

Cheers,

r.

5. banished

banished Necromodder

You realize of coarse that everyone here is going to promote Matrix Orbital LCDs. But I mean look around out there, as for the kind of lcd you're looking for they really are the best made.

shhh, quiet or henry will find out we're giving him shameless plugs.

6. linear

linear Minimodder

Well, that's better than shameful ones I suppose.

No shame necessary. MO makes the best product, and offers the best support. Sponsorship and whatnot aside (how many CF LCDs have you seen given away as prizes? who supports the community?) it's advantage: Matrix Orbital.

7. banished

banished Necromodder

Ill be buying myself one of the GLK12232-25-SM next month (when I get paid) and I can't wait. BTW, Henry if you're reading, which cables do I need to buy to hook this up right out of the box? BTW-2, Henry, do I get a discount for the advertising?:D

8. Henry

Henry Matrix Orbital

I would recomend the -4BR cable, Standard power cable (unless you have ane free) and a 1ft serial cable... :D

oh, and I'm blushing ;)

9. banished

banished Necromodder

Thanks henry, that's what I thought I needed. Just wanted to make sure.

10. banished

banished Necromodder

BTW Henry, just thought it might make life easier for others if you actually made your signatures links (I already have these bookmarked).