1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Mouse Mats

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by unclejimbo, 15 Apr 2010.

1. Salty Wagyu

Salty Wagyu moo

If your palms are prone to sweating then go with a cloth mouse mat. Plastic mouse mats would reflect back into the laser and mess up the pointer whereas cloth doesn't. I use a Steelseries Qck btw.

2. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

What are your thoughts on using hard surfaces for speed?

Been tinkering with using the hard, smooth surface of my desk rather than my Goliathus (also the smallest one!). I like the feel of cloth on my wrist and it helps keep my mouse from sliding during quick movements when my grip loosens, but the hard surface feels much more precise in small movements, less effort required to move so I don't "over do it" as much.

3. October

October Mariachi Style

I've only ever used a Razer Destructor as far as hard mats go. It was ok but I didn't really notice much difference in control and it was always freezing. For that reason alone I'll probably stick with cloth :hehe:

When I say speed, it's in reference to mat size more than anything else. I keep the sensitivity almost at the maximum so I don't need any more than a square foot of pad space, no matter what I'm doing.

I can't even remember which Goliathus I have, control or speed... I think it's a control. Either way, it suits me and my G500 just fine :thumb:

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

+1

I've used a lot of different mice with a lot of different mouse pads, but the only one that I've found to work flawlessly with every mouse I've tried is the Destructor. In a close second place I would put the Goliathus Speed edition, which is more comfortable but not as fast as the Destructor, so I prefer that for FPSes (can't beat the combo of a light mouse and low-friction surface IMO, but it's not for everyone - I generally only use 800 DPI for FPSes).

5. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Minimodder

I've not used a mouse mat since primary school, but my wrist is starting to feel it a bit.

My missus is getting me a Roccat Sota as an early X-mas present :D First (decent) mat I've ever owned :eek:

6. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Had many mats over the years including exact mat and 4HD, currently using the Steelseries SX and it's the best so far.