1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Recommended PSU List - Listed On First Page

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moyo2k, 22 Aug 2009.

1. h_h_boys76

h_h_boys76 What's a Dremel?

2. Silent_Raider

Silent_Raider What's a Dremel?

Anyone have any experience with Kingwin? Newegg has an excellent deal on the Kingwin Lazer through 9/26. This one is Plus Certified Bronze but they have a Certified Gold version that goes for about $230 USD.

I just ordered one, so I was wondering if anyone's had them in the past.

3. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

Hey Folks ;)

Smugboy, how are you finding that cm silent pro 600? Seen one for 65 and thinking of either that or the xfx xxx 650 mod. Anyone got any experience of either?

Thanks in advance

bm

4. thelaw

thelaw What's a Dremel?

Cheers for this post and the tip.

5. Spikey101

Spikey101 What's a Dremel?

I'm looking for some basic info if anyone can help. What should I look for in a PSU? I know what output I need (The 650 range, higher if I can afford it as I might want to upgrade my GTX460 to SLI one day) but I don't really understand the specs when things are quoted as Modular etc.

Ive been looking at the Corsair TX 650W and found it for 66 pounds online, it's a lot cheaper than the highly regarded Antec Truepower New 650 but if it's of the same quality i'll go ahead and buy it as 66 pounds is extremely pleasureable to my wallet!

Thanks for any info!

6. barney magru

Hey there,

Modular is where most of the cables are detached from the psu with only a few being attached.
    The standard psu setup (like the tx650 you mentioned) is where all the cables are fixed to the psu and can't be removed. That means that all the cables you don't make use of will have to be stored inside the case wherever they can be fit (in front of the psu on the bottom of the case, or putting as many as will fit behind the motherboard try assuming your case has decent cable management), whereas you simply just fit those that you are going to use to the psu in the case of modular.

Using a modular psu can improve airflow in the case (seen as you haven't got a big bundle of spare cables in one spot blockin airflow), make your the inside of your case tidier so better to be getting access to components, or just better to look at.

7. MatEnd

MatEnd What's a Dremel?

PSU powerfull enough?

Hi there,

Sorry to sound like such a beginner here but I am building a pc and was wondering if the power supply selected is up to running the system. The specifications are as below:

CPU: AMD Athlon 2 X3 450 3.2GHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 460
    Motherboard: ASROCK M3A770DE
    Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz
    Hard Drive: Western Digital 500gb sata2 7200RPM

I was thinking of using a Corsair CX 500W psu but would love to take any advice from those who, I suspect, know rather a lot more than I do about these things.

Any help would be much appreciated,

Matt

8. jjjacer

jjjacer Basement Hax0r

For PSU's i always use ULTRA, their price is usually fair off tigerdirect and they have lifetime warranties which is why i use them. Been running 3 of them for years and never had a problem with any of them

9. Twitcher2403

Twitcher2403 The Brand

No one seems to rate the Dark Power Pro Series. Ive had the 650w version for years now with no problems. Its a really good stable PSU. Granted they are expensive in comparison to other PSU's but they are still great.

Anyone else a Dark Power Pro fan?

10. watson164

watson164 What's a Dremel?

Ive just bought myself a Antec TruePower New 650W. Pretty good PSU especially as its on scan atm for £67

11. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

I bought one yesterday morning for £59 from Scan, it was on the Today Only thread all weekend.

It will be my second...

12. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

My power supply is actually one of the things I love most about my computer, ok yes some people use it as a shouting point, i've got xxx amount wattage psu, but there also alot of people who buy power supply's from the beginning way above there hardware requirments because it gives you the option to upgrade your hardware, my power supply is NO WHERE NEAR its full capacity even with a gtx 580, but what if I want to buy 2 more power hungy cards in the future, or just another gtx 580, i'll need that extra juice, then filling the computer with more hard drives, and also when I want to upgrade the cpu, nobody wants to run there psu at full wack constantly hence I would always buy a little bit above minumum, say 100w

Just my opinion but xfx power supplies at the 750 and 850w mark I think are pretty good, corsair or antec are good brand named power supplies for the lower end, say 450, 550w and also at the higher end as well, but for truley the best psu's I have to say enermax, the psu, really are a cut above the rest, although yes they can be pricey, but there definatley worth it.

13. barney magru

14. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Thanks barns for linking, defo will be getting one for my build now.

Happy psu hunting.

15. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

16. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

I've been wondering if we could get one of the mods to remove the poll results, as they're basically no longer up to date. Also, first time visitors to this thread might not immediately notice that the poll was closed a long time ago.

17. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

yup, second that, their outdated

Will update soon, need suggestions

18. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

19. j44

j44 What's a Dremel?

Corsair PSUs are sooo bad lately. They used to make the best affordable supplies like 4 years ago, but now other companies are selling the same OEM supplies from China for a lot less money.

20. kadombing

kadombing What's a Dremel?

Corsair HX1000 is rated 80 Plus, and HX850 is 80 Gold but on Corsair's website 80 Silver, not sure if this is marketing strategy to promote the new AX series that have 80 Gold in all their range.

Anyway, I was planning on buying HX1000 but changed to HX850 as it has better efficiency, but then, the price difference between HX850 and AX850 is little, so better get the AX.

So, this is my story.. LoL