1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recording Streaming Internet Radio

Discussion in 'General' started by TJK, 1 Apr 2006.

1. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

A friend asked me to record a 4 hour segment of 93.1 FM WXRT radio for him. www.wxrt.com WXRT streams over the net, and I was wondering how I can record that and break it up into audio cd size chunks (i think there would be 3). To listen live, it requires that I install an AOL media something. I can hear it now on my speakers, but how can I record it? Could I do it analoglly *is this a word* by just having a male-male speaker cable go from my speaker out on my audigy 2 zs to my mic in? If so, what prog should I record it in (4 hours nonstop worth)

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

you can use your sound card to record the output by going into your soundcard dirver (usually by clicking the speaker icon in your systray if you have it enabled) and setting the volume on "steruo mix" under the recording properties. As for splitting it into CD sized chunks, I have no idea apart from manually plitting it apart in a wave editing program.

Does it have to be that particular stream? Is it available as a Shoutcast stream? If so, you can use Streamripper... a winamp plug in, that not oinly rips streams, but seprates them into individual tracks, and writes the ID3 for each track.

3. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

SDP (google for it) can record video streams. I think it does audio as well.

4. ajack

ajack rox

5. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

6. OneSeventeen

OneSeventeen Oooh Shiny!

I highly reccomend streamripper, and would also say Audacity for editing. (although that might be overkill, as I'm sure there are other apps that are specifically used to cut the song up into CD track sized chunks)

7. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

hey

thanks - i have audacity and 3D MP3 sound recorder, which works just fine. THanks for the help.