1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercooling Red harbinger cross

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dopeyman, 27 Apr 2014.

1. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Hi all,

Ok so with the advice of this amazing forum I build my first watercooled PC a while back, now it's time for a change. I've been on the look out for the right desk for a while that ticks all the boxes for practicality and showing my PC, I now believe I have found it in the cross.

The plan is to go a bit crazy on this one so it will cost me a small fortune but we will ignore that ;)

My biggest question which I have no idea how to work out is how big the loop can be that one pump can come with.

At the start it will be one loop but then progress to two. This is roughly what I'm thinking so far.....

Loop 1
    CPU, mobo, ram, 480mm rad, 360mm rad, 2 400mm tube res

Loop 2
    2x gpu, aquaero 5 xt block, 480mm rad, 360mm rad, 2 400mm tube res, maybe hdd blocks

Both loops will be really long and have a lot of fittings. The main purpose of the project is for looks and practicality so yes I know it is total overkill. I'm young and currently not paying for a house so what the hell ;)

I have a 18w ddc from my old loop, will this do the job of one loop or will I better with a d5 on each loop?

Cheers

2. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

For the sheer length of each loop; a D5 on each would be best, although the DDC might manage it; you're going to have a couple of litres in each loop, so the more powerful pump is probably a better idea, plus D5s run forever from what I've seen of them, so it's basically a sound investment.

Just keep the basics in mind: What are you going to use for Coolant, how are you going to hook it all up, and how are you going to get all of the coolant out again in the event that you need to?

Waterblocks are completely overkill for a set of 560s, you'd have better luck fishing about and seeing if you can't at least get a set of 680s for cheaps, then you'd have more power than you can shake a stick at when it comes to games.

3. Dopeyman

Dopeyman Minimodder

Thanks for the reply

I did kind of expect I would have to use d5s but wasn't sure, that's one thing I can tick of the planning list.

I'm thinking I'm going to use distilled water with mayhems dye. Current build is just clear water with led giving the colour in the res. As far as drainage goes I have no idea as yet, I'll put a port in somewhere but not sure on how to empty all the blocks and rads. Not going to be easy to turn it over! Hehe

Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm going to upgrade the system so I'm thinking 4770k, Maximus vi formula, 2x 780ti. Not set in stone as yet.