1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Red or white with dinner?

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by whisperwolf, 16 Apr 2009.

1. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Took these originally to convert to Black and White, but I actually liked the colour versions better. taken against a White fleece background with black fleece side flags. 1 Sunpak 26dx behind and just below bottle, pointed at the background, set to 1/16th power and fitted with 2 stop ND filter. triggered through ebay radio trigger.

Bottle is filled with Strawberry jelly and left on its side to set then topped up with a clear jelly to stop the red slipping. Glass in first shot is filled with water then red dye dropped in. In the second and third shots glass is half filled with strawberry jelly again and set on an angle, then filled with water for the shot. Colours in the bottle are unaltered but background did need some cloning to remove the black flags that had got in the shot and a bit of brightening.

Camera used is a Nikon D50 fitted with my new Sigma 18-50 f2.8
    Should be able to click pictures for bigger at flickr, C&C always welcome

New Blush Wine
    [​IMG]

New Blush wine 2
    [​IMG]

B&W
    [​IMG]

2. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

In the first one, the air bubble that has formed in the glass is a little distracting. It may look better 'chopped out. Other than that, very nice!

3. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

In the 1st one at original size you see the fingerprints etc on the glass which kinda ruins the crisp look of the image imo. Otherwise very creative :)

4. Vers

Vers ...

I'm feelin #2, although I'd want the bottle in focus.

5. whisperwolf

whisperwolf What's a Dremel?

Yup I agree, my fault for not checking the pics on a bigger screen before dismantling the set-up, looked fine on the camera, still getting used to the !8-50 lens.