1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Red/Orange Cold Cathode

Discussion in 'Modding' started by onggie, 12 Jan 2006.

1. onggie

onggie What's a Dremel?

I am looking to place a red/orange cold cathode in my case. If you see some lighting some RED CCs are pink, some are red and some are more orangy/red. I am looking for the more orangy/red colour.

I have 3 options the

- Spire "NeonBar II" RED Cold Cathode
    - Flexiglow Red Neon Light Kit, 12in Cold Cathode w/inverter, on/off switch
    - Or some no name brand, the store selling it is here

If I find more I'll add them

Now I also want to have the switches at the front, I own a CM Stacker case so I have thoes pop off bezels. If I get a PCI switch, would I be able to mod the bezel to fit the PCI switch on it. I have never modded anything in my life nore do I have tools like a Dremel (though I am looking to buy one in the future). I do own maual saws, drills, you know the odd tools to do house work with.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

if your an aussie try the diskshop they have CC kits and you dont have to pay the 10-12$ shipping fee that pccasegear charge

3. onggie

onggie What's a Dremel?

That store isn't very good! I rather pay the shipping charge, plus I live in Sydney. Unless they ship for free.

4. Nitro_APBT

Nitro_APBT SpiderModder

I have red CCs in my case that WERE pinkish.

I had a package of red split lom lying around, and 1 size fits perfectly over the tubes. It NOW has a slightly orange red glow. it does cut down on the output a little, but not much. My case still glows bright. Not to mention if the tubes are visible it looks better than a regular CC.

5. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

I have one CCFL that is proper red, but they've since stopped making them, I bought 4 differnt brands of red CCFL's and they were all pink, so I simply got some red paper and wrapped the CCFL tube with the paper, and it works a charm, see my project log for the effects!

My proper red CCFL is starting to wear out, it's ever so slightly turning pink :sigh:

6. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I have 4 red ccfls that come out pure orange and I am not using them anymore, let me know if you are interested.

7. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Just give them a few wraps of cellophane in an appropriate color. Obviously start with something close, but as people usually do that to convert their pink into the red they wanted, I'd imagine it would work fine for any other near-matches.

8. onggie

onggie What's a Dremel?

Hmmm, I live in Aus so shipping would be a bit anyway!

I'm getting these ones anyway
    http://www.modncomputers.com.au/prod12.htm

So hopefully they are what they look like on the picture.

9. Ener

Ener What's a Dremel?

hey im an aussie to, yay, pccasegear is alrite im thinking of buying like 100$ of stuff from there (molex connectors, zalman etc) but the site you found is alrite, mite be cheeper for other stuff.