1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Red Orchestra 2 release date

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sharpethunder, 21 Jun 2011.

1. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

Don't like the video at all. Autocue much?

2. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

in case you haven't noticed, the old-server side hit detection makes shooting your targets quite difficult. unless you have a ping <100 at least. A server with that ping is very hard to find if you can find a server at all without bots.

You have to aim slightly ahead of your target even more than usual based on a ping value which fluctuates. This is disastrous for a game like this where every bullet counts and where most of the weapons are single-shot. Lets also not forget that you have to aim slightly ahead anyway because the game has a realistic ballistics model.

Most of the time when i play on servers my ping is about 150-200 when it should actually be under 100. The problem is the distance from the server since there aren't many and most servers have 32-64 players.

Yeah, most of 'em are obviously reading a bloody script but the message is what counts.

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

The video is a little un-natural that's true, but I like the changes they have made. Classic mode looks like a winner to me. I'll definitely be checking this out.

4. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

Good to see they still take notice of the players and try to address the problems. I'd still like to see tank gameplay go back to how it was in the first game though.

5. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

I presume you don't mean so that the tanks stop dead when they hit a foot-high fence!

6. SMIFFYDUDE

haha no. I'd just rather AI was left out of multiplayer completely, even if operating an entire tank on your own isn't exactly realistic it's better than a computer doing something stupid and unexpected.

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

It should be fine if they can actually make the AI work.

8. SMIFFYDUDE

The number of players online has sky rocketed with the free weekend, I'm finding it difficult to get on a server.