1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows "Relay not permitted"

Discussion in 'Software' started by Guest-16, 19 Apr 2005.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

WTF!? Im about to have a ****ing anurism today :grr: :grr:

My email wont work. Ive tried both outlook and thunderbird and both tell me the same thing. Ive turned off my firewall, turned off my antivirus and neither works.

Also, i cant seem to send on MSN or Irc so i believe the problems are related.

Anyone got any experience with this error??

Task 'Gmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 530 5.7.0 Authentication Required'

I cant send on ANY email address, to any email address. I can log on to pop3 ones alright but not smtp at all

Last edited by a moderator: 19 Apr 2005
  2. Bruno_me

Bruno_me Fake-ad‎min

switch do a different smtp server, best advice I can give you

3. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

3 dont work, it's not the smtp server.

Im phoning pipex in the morning, apparently some uk isps dont like remote relaying smtp requests which might be the problem, but ive done it before from this pc.

4. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

are you auth'ing on it?

most people don't blind relay for ne one. (even local addys to prevent spam etc.)

its a nasty net, not like the good old days, when if you couldn't log into an SMTP server you could just ssh exploit into it :D (well in the really nice days, i couldn't but some dude on usenet could teach me how to!)

5. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

On Pipex myself now, and had a similar problem I think.

I was able to access pop3 on all email but not smtp,
    The problem was I had used the gmail smtp for all my non gmail accounts, answer was to use up the smtp provided by pipex for non gmail and the one supplied by gmail for my gmail accounts.

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It wont send it, it just sits there and timesout even though the settings are correct.

Tags: