1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Removing paint from a c/m Wavemaster

Discussion in 'Modding' started by -Mr.HiM-, 16 May 2005.

1. -Mr.HiM-

-Mr.HiM- What's a Dremel?

Hi,

Just another quick question, does anyone know a good/decent way of removing some paint off of a coolermaster wavemaster i have in my possesion so that i can show off the nice aluminium finish underneath...

If i cant do this its down to a nice sand and new paintjob...

:D

Thanks...

Last edited: 16 May 2005
  2. -Mr.HiM-

-Mr.HiM- What's a Dremel?

no ideas?

:(

3. (spc)kuhnkejer

(spc)kuhnkejer What's a Dremel?

you can it but your going to have to sand it anyways. so just start with some 600g sand paper and have fun Ive seen some guy on here that got his to look like crome. Man i looks nice anyways good luck.

4. cool_dude

cool_dude Minimodder

i think its anodized, to re-paint you'd have to go through a chemical change to change to a colour - costs about £150 and is time consuming too.

5. ShinySwede

ShinySwede What's a Dremel?

Im doing the same thing =) altough it aint paint on the silver wavemaster, its an anodized layer wich is quite timedemanding to sand off.

I am starting off with 400 grit , sanding all pieces then 500 , after that 800 and maybe 1200 if needed. For polishing i bought a big bucket of autosol polishing compound , wich i know form previous polishing jobs gives amazing results.

Dont do this if you dont know you have alot of time to spend , or if your in any kind of a hurry. because believe me when i say it´ll take a great deal of time. ive already spent maybe around 40 hours of pure sanding on my case and its far from finished=) ....good luck with the case...

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

try nitromorse, it rips through anything! (ps. i may have spelt that wrong)