1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress RENEGADE, The public Enemy

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by abbas-it, 14 May 2012.

1. Meelobee

Meelobee What's a Dremel?

This thing is huge and has awesome styling :) keep it up!

2. starbee

starbee BRNO 4ever

nice work with wood...it's really huge and nice....awesome...i can't wait for paint job...good luck man

3. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

@ melobbe and starbee, thanks fellas, am glad it appeals and oh boy am i also itching to get the colors on this monster.
    as far as the size is concerned, yes this baby is turning out to be the gulliver among my lillipution mods. its already a wee bit too wide for the basement door so when it is avtually finished i will be taking off either the monitor or the starwars door to shift it one floor higher.
    but of course, its size is really justified because its not just a computer but every other possible piece of hardware that a reguler PC is usually surrounded by. will be plating and decorating the inside as soon as the wexterior weaponry is done, then comes the paintjob and airbrush. more to come soon..

4. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

awesome modding, my head hurts now!!!!!!!!!!! That case must weigh a TON!!!

5. abbas-it

its time for an update again

ho guys and thanks to everyone, am glad you all like what i am building.
    so its time again for an update. i will be modding again this week quite a lot and hope to be able to give you some new aspects of the RENEGADE, Public Enemy
    and yes indeed, this baby is gonna be a whopper as far as size and weight is concerned.
    but its all justified and part of the concept, as the RENEGADE hold everything possibly needed
    as a normal PC. I will be working on the primary weapon again this week.
    have started with the putty and filling which will be sanded smooth afterwards
    i also disected and soldered the wires for the laserpointer too
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    more to come

Last edited: 11 Jun 2012
    Waynio likes this.
  6. JPicasso

JPicasso What's a Dremel?

I voted for this MOTM before I saw how absolutely over the top it was.
    Crazy good.

Hope you like computing in your workshop, or that you have an extra-large doorway. :)

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Seen pc reforged first in the coolermaster comp last year, it stood out nicely mate, I'm sure I'll be a keen follower of your projects. :D:dremel:

IE was missing some pretty big portions of the story, but just checked through a different browser & can see them all :D very awesome. :D:rock:

Voted, :) Man it's a big one. :D

[​IMG]

:D:rock: stars & rep

8. abbas-it

i few more pictures

Thanks Waynio, am glad you like it, yes it is indeed growing by the day, but the concept demands
    its immensity due to all the included hardware and of course to give it a more threatening look when completed.
    here are some more pictures. have been experimenting with the guns and the front left door side.
    am not yet satisfied with the guns, thats why you see so many different mock ups.
    more to come, am so busy watching football at the moment. i live in germany and the germans have made it to the semi finals, great team. i just hope that our english boys make it too, tonight is the night.:D

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. 330td

330td Minimodder

Usually I'm not a fan of wooden case but yours caught my attention :thumb:

Nice work :)

10. abbas-it

thanks mate, am glad it appeals. unfortunately its not at all finished. but it will be before mid august. it will start getting interesting as soon as it gets its first colors and airbrush work.
    am at the summit lan event in braunschweig-germany at the moment and will start posting from next tuesday onwards again.
    this baby is gonna a be a real mean customer when completed, with all sorts of new gadjets and gimmiks:D
    more to come soon

11. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

Cool project:)

Could you please post the pictures in big size instead of thumbnails? Posting them in thumbnails results in me only clicking two, and don't bother with the rest because opening so many pictures on new fans are a pain:)

12. abbas-it

hi pope, sorry for the inconvenience, yes have changed it now, here are some new pics.
    worked on a few new details. the earthing wire will be black or at least some dark metalic color later on and look like railings and guards. have added a few more decorative pipes and guards. apart from that i also made aluminium cases for the funktion leds. there are som many functioneal parts to be set on and off on this case that i will need at least 6 of them. more to come soon.
    my target is that i can start with the paint job mid july.:D
    more to some

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    here a little example of how the green yellow wires will look like in black.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Jul 2012
  13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

This will look amazing when painted. :eeek::D:rock:

Already like the look of it. :hip:

14. abbas-it

thanks waynio, yes i hope it will because its surely the most work i have ever had on a mod so far. the leds are still in stage one too, so they will also look different as soon as the painting starts.
    anyway, have started making the CB radio mouse prop. will be a mouse but at the same time a hand microphone diguised as a cb radio. will change a lot but as you can see the tech is mounted and working fine, little pin micr, an old wireless ms mouse and a small micro lever switch thingy.
    will have some rail spoilers and the paintjob will make it look like it should.
    more to come..:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come..

15. abbas-it

cb mouse continued

hi guys here are the next pics of the mouse in a cb radio style. as in the earlier pics you saw that the mouse now encloses an microphone and switch for turnung on and will later be connected to the subwoofer.
    once airbrushed you will see the vision i have. all these parts made of differnet wires and earthing wires etc.. dont look great now, but they will.
    [​IMG]
    http://we-mod-it.com/index.php?[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you cann see, when you slip it in place, it cant even fall off when i tilt it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    also started the ignition key wire holders, IGNITION KEY? what for, well not for turnung on! who can guess
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come, gonne do a lot this weekend

Last edited: 7 Jul 2012
  16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Nice mouse mod & mount :) ignition key? for the function of the doors?, if it is that is very cool indeed & if it isn't that then I'm sure it's something even better. :D

I know drinking straws & all sorts can look funny before a paint job & then all of a sudden after first coat of primer it all looks right & amazing & even more so when fully coloured, can understand you mentioning it with some people looking & thinking huh, the heck is he doing???. :lol:

17. abbas-it

hi waynio, am glad you like it. nope the key is not for the doors, for them i have the two knobs above the cb mouse, one for the doors and one probably for the satellite speakers which will move in and out of the rear. yes you are right, in some of my old projects i remember how folks didnt really see what i already saw and then all of a sudden the paint came in and changed everyones opinion and gave everything the wow effect.
    i create according to the motto, "Dont see what it is, see what it could be". i will be, if everything works, moving everything to my garage in 2 weeks and start getting the first coats of color on this monster.
    more to come soon, mod on buddy

18. abbas-it

usb prots galore

hi eevryone and thanks to you all, am glad it appeals, is still a lot to be done.
    i really wanna get some paint on it soon, you know how it is, you create something and cant wait to see what the paintjob makes it look like. here are some more pics, have mountes the nw-switch and started the rear fan holders, also set in some audio and usb ports in the front and on the monitor. on the monitor top so that i can also pop in usb lamps later when working directly above the screen.
    ialso changed the red dot leds too, instead of sticking them into the frame i made, i files the pipe holders i made to fir them between the front blinds.
    more to come asap. am working on this baby every night now, wanna finish it soon.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here are some more earth wire railing, dont forget they will not be recognisable as earthing wires when finished and painted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    still need a frame to set it off in RENEGADE style but its mounted now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    BIG IS BEAUTIFUL, as far as the RENGADE is concerned, here are some pics just to see the sheer size of this baby.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more to come..

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Honestly I don't care what size a mod is as long as it's awesome & this is crazily awesome, even without paint. :rock:

Think though if I was working a big heavy project like what this must be I'd probably mount some very good trolley wheels with brakes on the base & maybe make an additional skirt to hide the wheels so it can be moved around a bit easier. :)

20. abbas-it

thanks waynio, and yes it is very big all justified because of all it contains of course but still very big, well in the first case it will be transported to cologne for the german casemodding championships after that it will dwell in my show room, so it wont move that much. i mean its niot exactly the right mmachine to tuck under your arm ang go to the next lan party. iwll however be attending certain fairs and expos and exhibitions so will have to fugure out some sort of trolly for it where it can be mouted and used as a table for it too. that will be a seperate worklog though.
    will be posting new pics tonight as i am in the workshop now. see you then..