1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Replacement iPhone earphones on test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 13 Feb 2009.

1. djlathomas

djlathomas What's a Dremel?

This article is the first one I read that tests in deep iPod/Phone head phones. I tested most of the above head phone myself as a consumer.

The Sennhizers and Shures I found ok but not very comfortable in the ear. The Etymotics have a beautiful sound quality but the con shaped butts pressed the earwax into my inner ear so I had to go to the ear doctor to get the wax removed and as a consequence returned the head phones. The bose have nice sound quality but they are to bulky for me.

Second highest in my ranking are the vModas vibe II The sound is nice and crisp missing some bass though but even those don't sit to comfortable in the ear, may be I have unusual ears.

I have not found my perfect match but the V-MODA Bass Freq Earbuds are by far my favorites. They are light and sit very comfortable in the ear and don't hurt The sound is very balanced with a nice full bass. The best thing they sell at Amazon for $ 22 in different colors. The only negative on those that after 6-10 month of active use one or the other channel would give up on me but for $22 who cares right.

One word about the new Apple ear buds with remote and mic. I am a usually an Apple junkie but... The mic is very nice but the remote is to close to the ear and difficult to operate. The sound however sucks, I think they sound worse that the head phone that come with the iPods/Phones, trebelish and tin canned. Apple has it together but with those head phones they produced total lemons in my opinion.

2. peterjhill

peterjhill What's a Dremel?

I love my Ultimate Ears for iPhone. They have great sound. Good isoloation. A mic, a button.

3. jwa

jwa What's a Dremel?

Well, also classical music ought to be used in testing. The elaboration of this statement is left to the reader.

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I think theres a small typo in the apple earphones review... "...with a neat Y-split after 106.5cm, and a further 33cm of cable to the earphone." Which would make the headphone wire over 1m 36cm long. I may be wrong but could the author just take a quick look please!

5. CSMR

CSMR What's a Dremel?

The title of this review ("Replacement iPhone earphones...") is completely ridiculous, an embarrassment to bit-tech. As the review notes, "the iPhone uses earphones with a standard 3.5mm stereo jack". Basically the title assumes bit-tech readers are idiots who think that particular headphones go with particular devices. The same readers who are read up on the latest technology and build their own computer systems.

6. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Yes, but all the earphones featured include a mic and/or remote control button. This is what makes them iPhone-friendly. It's actually pretty hard to find decent iphone earbuds so the review is most certainly welcome, although most are outside of my price range.

The whiteness of my standard iPhone buds irritates me, and they're not the most comfortable. On the other hand, I love the remote control. So I wonder if the BiT readers have any suggestions for me - I'd like some sub £50 iPhone earbuds with a remote control (± mic) that aren't white. Is that too much to ask?

7. technologyreviewer

technologyreviewer What's a Dremel?

8. haddow64

haddow64 What's a Dremel?

I'm using the Sennhizers, and think that they do the job nicely. especially considering I was able to pick mines up for £16 on ebay :D

9. jotpilot

jotpilot What's a Dremel?

Bought the ef2's. Good clarity but couldn't live with lack of bass. Got the v-modas instead. Miles better IMHO.

Tags: Add Tags