1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Res or no res???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tm36usa, 3 Dec 2005.

1. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well i just got my new res for my project but now im pissed off. For one thing, it came all scratched up and looking like crap and two, its way bigger than the site said it was. (now that im starting to rant, theres this stupid l orange flow meter in it too, also beacuse ive been waiting since august for them to be in stock). So now that this thing is way too big and Im gonna have to re-desing where it could go, should i just send it back and use my fill-port with no res?

So just restating the question: Should I have a res or just use my filport? Please help!

Edit: I just thought how about a dual 3 1/2" res turned sideways in my lian li pc-65's harddrive rack in the first slot? Know of any with led holes so i can light it up?

Last edited: 3 Dec 2005
  2. AWACS

AWACS What's a Dremel?

scratchy? hmmm... at least send it back and demand a scratch free one

3. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

Do that. BUt you dont need a res. I'd chose not to use one if possible.

4. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Well thats another thing, The res is too big because the site that i bought i from gave the wrong dimentions so it dosent fit my case anyway. So now my new question is: Dual floppy bay res or no res at all?

Edit: and i did find a floppy bay res with the led holes

5. AWACS

AWACS What's a Dremel?

hmmm... I suppose you're not going to use the floppy bays anyway... and a res will help in removing air and there is allways some little evaporation and the res fixes that... and there are some other benefits with a res aswell...

6. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Yeah i took the 3 front ones out for my ps1 screen and i only need 2 of the 5 in the rack for hardrives, so I will have one left for expansion.

7. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

New Question: Does anyone know how many ounces or ml a dual floppy bay res holds?

8. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

ml are the same as cm^3, so just take the dimensions of the particular res you're looking at in cm (I imagine the volume varies between different res's), and multiply them all together, then you get your volume in ml.
    A res is mainly there to help bleed the bubbles out of your loop, and to look pretty. The size doesn't make much difference.

Tags: