1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Dec 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. zelox991

zelox991 Wanna-Be-Modder

alrite..first comment! XD
    well...i think this device is unique in it's way but i dont really like Resident Evil series...
    hope the ppl here can maybe test it on other games??!!!

3. dmak

dmak What's a Dremel?

dont know about the game really, but the zapper is plain broken, the trigger is squishy, on the wrong hand, and its there is no room for your hand. Nyko is doing a more true light gun. maybe you guys will get one to review? then let us know how that compares.

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You guys get into work far too early :p

5. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Shark attack?

Then there is the knife, which is mostly good for hacking at leeches and bats that cling to the screen. Swinging a blade is something which sounds like fin, but in-game is enormously disappointing because it’s so easy

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

If 7 is an average game, does this mean this is actually quite poor, or have you adjusted your scoring tactics? I was expecting something more like 6 to be honest, true it might not be a great game but this is a on-a-rail shooter, it's nigh on impossible to produce a good game in the genre.

Though in that respect maybe 5 is a correct score, if one doesn't distinguish between genres when scoring. In the grand scheme of things, whilst I know it's a bad game overall, how does it compare as a light-gun game, compared to say House of the Dead (1-4), Time Crisis or the like?

Ah, House of the Dead 3. Top of the scoring board! For, erm, one day, Lol.

7. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Let's throw averages aside. This is a 5 because it does exactly what you'd expect for a on-rails shooter without ever doing anything beyond that. If it was quite a fun game to play despite that then it'd be a 6 - a competent game which is worth fans picking up for a bit. A 7 isn't a score meaning that "This is an average game", it's just the score that most games get because they do what they say, are competent, and then are either enough fun to warrant a look from some non-fans or they do something fairly new or cool.

This gets a 5 because, although it 'does what it says on the tin', it isn't all that fun to play and even fans may find it a bit of a slog. It's not a bad game because it doesn't do anything wrong, but it's not something you'd really want to buy.

It's a little deeper than the arcade cabinet games, but in regard to the console versions of those then it's about the same. There's a few unlockables, but they never really bring you that far away from the original experience.

8. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

To your soldier?!

The schoolboy in me wants to giggle at that. :hehe:

The word 'soldier' preceded by a personal pronoun AND the word 'stick' in the one line?! It's more than this immature boy can take! :p

Joe, I like the way that your reviews demonstrate quite clearly that you're not just someone who has jumped on the series' bandwagon because you were handed this game to review, but that you've either played the other games in the series or at least researched them.
    It makes your opinions and insights that bit more credible and informed.
    Keep it up. :thumb:

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

that light gun looks like crap..... i was always saying this after that guy with the strange hair do showed that the first time.

http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=124

why not do the zapper this way?

Last edited: 8 Dec 2007
  10. willyolio

willyolio What's a Dremel?

someone should make a zapper with a proper buttstock. aiming 2-handed is a bit better than single-handed, but still nothing compared to having the gun pressed against your shoulder.

11. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

This the one that was set in Africa or is that another one?

12. The Chugnut

The Chugnut What's a Dremel?

That's #5. This one's based around the early ones.

13. Major

Major Guest

A score of 5? Pretty low tbh.

Sounds like the game is totally shite, but you didn't want to say. ;)

14. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

unusual, how about damm near scary

Joe, btw loved the brain dead reference no-else has ever seemed to have heard about it except from my mum, who thought it was random crap (i thought it was awesome random crap). I must get it on dvd some stage

15. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

Yay braindead !
    I wouldn't spend 60€ on this type of game...Maybe rent it or buy it 2nd hand. Or the best would be lent by a friend....

16. StephenK

StephenK Sneak 'em Upper

Tags: Add Tags