1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Respons on my project

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dj Ovin, 5 Apr 2007.

1. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Hi all.

Need some respons on a project im startin up soon.
    The case is for my girlfriend.

[​IMG]
    Logo in front, window like the Superman-logo on the left, stealth dvd with plexi, plexi at pwr/rst/led and usb/audio with alu.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Engrave a pic of superman and his logo on this side.

[​IMG]

Comments? haven't planned so much inside, but if you have any suggestion, please let me know. I wont add to much on the case, just enough, cool and clean :)

Last edited: 8 Apr 2007
  2. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

That Superman logo cut into the side panel with green acrylic underneath is bloody insane dude!

3. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Thank you, i think it looks pretty awesome myself. First i wanted to use stock colours, red/yellow, but when i saw this/this logo i knew that i would use black and green colours :)

4. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

Very nice stuff going on there!
    What does the H.B. stand for? I think it looks lil out of place on the case like it doesnt fit the theme.

everything else looks good!

5. DreamTheEndless

DreamTheEndless Gravity hates Bacon

I agree 100%

6. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

it stand for Hanne Brandstadmoen : p My girlfriends name.
    hmm, maybe, where do you think it would fit in with the rest of the theme? Just so you know, it will be a different logo with different font.

7. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

Personally (but mods all come down to your personal taste) I don't see a girlfriend's initials fitting in with a Superman theme, but seeing as you're the one who's with her I think you can put her initials or name anywhere you want. We're not to decide about your mod ;)

But, as the modernised saying goes: "Girlfriends come and go, but mods stay forever" - maybe use a removable fastening for the initials, don't epoxy it. You never know when she gets tired of you ;)

8. HoffmanMyster

HoffmanMyster What's a Dremel?

I like this mod, looks really nice, but I agree with the girlfriend thing, it does look pretty outta place as far as the theming goes, but its your mod and if you want it, then keep it.

9. Damouse

Damouse Thats no moon!

as mods and personal preferance goes i have to agree with khensu. I really dont see (at least myself) ever mixing the two because they really arent anything mixable (i dedicate this lan game to my girlfriend) but ehh, whatever floats your boat. As the mod goes, how do you plan on doing the superman etch on the right panel? do you have the fortune of having access to a cnc ethcing machine?

10. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Khensu: Its her case, im just modding it for her. ;)

Well, i agree in what you say with the theme and stuff, and i see now that its not the best spot to place the initials. But i want some kind of logo or something on the case.

I dont ask you guys do decide where i am going to put the logo, i just want some ideas on where i can place it.

Damouse: What i had in mind was to draw the contour on the panel and then use an engraving bit and my dremel. But hey, thats not a bad idea! I will ask some old classmates if they have that in their school. That would be a whole lot easier :)

11. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Logo ideas

did some experimenting with the logo, and ended up with these ideas:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback? Which one matches the theme best, im thinkin about where they are placed, but also the font i have used.

12. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

My personal preferences would be 3, 5, 9 and 10; but that's just me of course.

A case for your girlfriend eh... That immediately explains the theme :D

13. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Yeah, heh, i will not have a case with a Superman-theme. But still, i think it will be cool :D

Thanks, the 5. was my favorite to.

14. Mr-IK

Mr-IK Minimodder

Like it :) Clean lines, simple.

Just one thing. Is this supposed to be a "girl" case? Then why pick superman, and not superwoman? I know she's kind og a phony but anyway, sends a more feminine signal. And about that green color :O I don't really like it im affraid. Why not experiment with some pink or even red! It would be awesome if you could fit some of the original superman-colors in there (red/blue/yellow ofc :))

EDIT**

Another idea. If you could make the logo (i cant really give you any ideas on where to put it etc sorry) in one of the empty CD-trays, and then add some strong leds/kathodes inside the computer so it almost shines out! That would be very neat :) It would also make the logo stand out, and make the initials - if thats what you decided to go with - even more clear.

15. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Hi and thanks for good answer.
    Its supposed to be a girl case yes, and she wanted that color, when we looked at that green logo, just perfect. And she wanted Superman, im just moddin ey :) I thought about "stock" colors, but we ended up with black and green, some pretty standard colors but anyway. I think it will be pretty cool when its finished. That green UV plexi lighted up by some UV catodes. I have plan to order the case and some accesories on my birthday, the 11th of April, but well se how much cash i get.

That idea about the logo wasnt bad, i think it will be in the CD-Tray but i havent figured out in what way. must talk to her tomorrow, then well se :)

Thanks again for good ideas, appriciate it!

16. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

I think your girlfriends initials could still look good up the top, but in the same style as the Superman logo. That is, with it cut out into the panel with the green acrylic behind it. However, this means you'll have to individually stick the two inner parts of the "B" to the acrylic to make it look right. Nevertheless, it will look good!

17. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Many good suggestions here, i will talk to my girlfriend today, and make a desition.

Thanks for all ideas, appriciate it :)

18. Pfaffen

Pfaffen What's a Dremel?

Irony

I like the irony in the color scheme. Isn't Kryptonite green?

Nice design for the case. Can't wait to see it complete. Are you going to post your progress to the work logs? :thumb:

19. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Yes, its green. But it wasnt ment to be irony, my girlfriend like the color green, but we looked at these photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have updated the images in first post, this is how it will be with the logo and all!

Øyvind :)

Last edited: 7 Apr 2007
  20. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

I see the Green Hornet... :D