1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Retailers: "PSPgo will fail miserably"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 7 Oct 2009.

1. rollo

rollo Modder

i loled at his 70% of app store downloads are free

id be surprised if many are free at all. Chips is a dieing store. The one around our area closed down due to game whitewashing it. Even tesco undercuts chips lol.

Chips is just an expensive whiny independent retailer who can go bust

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

When I was a kid living in Stockton-on-Tess, Chips was my local. It was at the time (and im talking 15 years ago) the best Games shop.

This was long before I ever set eyes ona Game, Electronic Butique, Gamestation or even a Gameplay shop.

It was the only place to get your imports :) And sold games at a great price. But Ive never seen a Chips since moving away so have no idea what Chips is like now, but their website seems expensive.

3. LordPyrinc

LordPyrinc Legomaniac

Strictly from a PC perspective, purchasing and downloading games via an online provider such as Steam may eat up or exceed a person's monthly download limit. Many games are pretty sizeable these days and that could lead to overage charges for those that have these caps on their monthly downloads. I personally do not have a monthly cap, but I could see that turn some people against the online distribution method.

Either way, I am old skool and prefer the physical disks.

4. livesabitch

livesabitch life is what you make it!

are they ever gona shut up about this now! come on we all know it wont sell! we kinda get the pic now! lol

5. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

IDK if this is the case you referenced, but here is a current example that many aspects of software EULAs probably can't be enforced.
    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2009/10/06/software_ownership_ruling/

6. choupolo

choupolo What's a Dremel?

I really want everything to turn digital download. I don't care for physical media one bit. And also don't care for the brick and mortar shops throwing fits about it. Open an antique store for CDs in 10 years time.

7. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Tags: Add Tags