1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

retard of the day

Discussion in 'General' started by kobaj, 29 Jul 2004.

1. [t0rc]

[t0rc] What's a Dremel?

If i found a stack of paper that high...I'd probably try to climb it...or hope it doesn't fall over and give me 100,000,000 papercuts... :rolleyes:

2. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

There is no way someone found 40M in a sack. After college I worked for several banks for at least 7 years. My personal cash drawer included the main vault and reserve vault and 2 cash machines. At any time I had about 3M in my drawer (yes I had to count and account for all of it down to the penny). Unless it was new money which is a considerably thinner pack, mainly because old money is wrinkled it would be a huge sack and weigh more than any human could possibly lift. Twenties are bundled in packs of 2,000 (all packs are 100 bills of the same denomination). That means he found 20,000 packs of twenties. No way! Even if he found 100's, which is the largest legal tender, it would take 4,000 packs. Money is bulky and heavy. We would order hundreds of thousands of dollars every week and it comes in a large plastic bag crimped with a lead block. Maybe he found 4M but it was surely fake. Counterfeit money is easy to spot and maybe that’s why he turned it in.

I hope most people would turn over anything they find that is not theirs; especially if it is of value. It's easy to say that if you are careless then too bad, I found it and it’s mine. Then it happens to you and you say, some **s probably found it and won’t give it back. Maybe I am different then some people here, but I try to be honest. Could be because I have children and want them to learn honesty and respect, but maybe it’s because it’s just the right thing to do. IMO

3. Lorquis

Lorquis lorquisSpamCount++;

Do you people not have that 30day thing over there....
    Turn something in, if it's unclaimed in 30 days since the day you turned it into the police... it is legally yours...

4. Kevo

Kevo 426F6C6C6F636B7300

They could have those fake "super" bills....

5. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

mabye it was a fake 40M bill :D

anyway.. isn't it something like 10% in "finding reward" (what's the english word for it?) That is 4M legaly.. should be able to buy something nice for that.. :)

6. godspeed

godspeed Banned

can someone say early retirement

7. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Of course if this is true, which is dubious, the good ole' US of A will just spend it blowing third world countries back to the stone age.

8. kobaj

kobaj Banned

ya, oh and he found it in an old giant mettel container like you see at construction sites it was under a bunch of trash at the dump

but the reel question is what was he doing digging in the dump for

p.s. it might have only been 4mill not 40mill i dont know i wasnt paying that much attenchin

9. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

He was looking for the WB frog of course.

Hello my lady, hello my darling......... C R O A K:D

10. TheForumMonkey

TheForumMonkey What's a Dremel?

Sure he wasn't trying to find Wally... "where's wally?"

11. TMM

TMM Modder

over there *points*, near the 40M$ bill!
    :hehe:

12. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

You mean you just pick up the phone and say give me more money and it comes? Sweet can you give me that number?? :D

13. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Could I also get a copy of that number???

and Froggy, I can't beleive it.. you have more hdd space than me :jawdrop: I have about 480 for my main machine btw. (I'm too lazy to go to the living room and grab a dvd I wanna watch, that and I want to take my movies with me when I go to uni, and yet leave them at home at the same time. Quite a space saver.)

14. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

That figure is a bit out dated. Currently my 250 and 120 Gig drives are down becuase of some wierd partition problem and i cant seem to fix it. Also my 180 Gig has a 40 Gig bad sector. My 80 Gig is fine and i just bought a 160 gig to replace the 180 gig. Once everything Is normal again i should have 610 Gigs total.

15. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

How often did you have to count that? Was it a whole day ordeal, or could you simply count the bundles not individuals bills.

$40million would take forever to count... I work at a gas station (I'm almost ashamed to admit that) and on a good saturday half to count up to $2,000, I hate counting the money...

L J

16. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Dont be ashamed! I used to work at a Sunoco and i plan on getting a job soon at a gas station near me. Hopefully customers in New Jersey arent ***holes.

17. inmate909

inmate909 What's a Dremel?

Never be ashamed of having a job.

18. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

That is one of the most immature things I have ever heard. Don't ever call people stupid for doing the right thing.

19. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Every day twice a day. Since it was ny "drawer" it was easy. The main vaut and reserve vault take only a few minutes. Any money bought and sold to these vaults are counted be the buyer or seller (me) and if the vault is buying, it's counted by another person to verify. Once it's in the vault, I only needed to count the packs and multiply. My drawer was another issue. I worked in the vault of a busy branch as a Supervisor. The branch was located in a high end mall with a movie theater. Each day I would receive and count about 400,000 to 500,000. You get good at counting money and it doesn't take long. Actually the hardest thing was trying to balance the coin. Merchants would bring in huge sacks of coins and they would go through a very quick but inaccurate counter. Money counting mcahines are never used except for filling the cash machines because it's only to verify money bought from the vault.

Counterfiet money would come accross my desk about once a month.

The number to call is the local Federal Reserve. Of course you have to have an account with them. It's all done using a touch tone phone. Enter the denomination and amount, push pound. Thats all there is to it.

20. ch424

ch424 Design Warrior

:hehe:

ch424