1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Return of Monitor / OCUK

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pete*, 20 Oct 2011.

1. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Has been picked up. Hopefully they will process the refund quickly and test it correctly!

2. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

From the bargains thread, you lot are like magpies seriously :lol:

You know better than that though don't you?

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

They will just rebox it and relist it

4. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

We should form a syndicate to re-buy them and then put them at pains pointing out our consumer rights.

Again and again and again, eventually they'll learn it's not worth selling this rubbish! :thumb:

5. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

You can count me out, enough hassle and hot air for a whole year already! They won't even bother to rebox them judging from the state mine arrived in. Surely they are losing money on couriers here left right and centre?

6. kosch

The box mine came in was a right mess, had writing on it and both the handles were torn.

The accessory box looked like it had only been slightly pillaged to.

7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

the problem I have with that is giving them any of my money and then waiting for it come back while they are getting interest on it.

8. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Yeah. Same with the box for mine too. My name and house number all over it with
    thick black pen. One torn handle which no doubt had been used so the monitor would have been
    carried on its side.
    The box barely held shut with one strip of sellotape on the top/bottom and not going over the edges.

Get better packaged things from car boot sales. xD

The accessory box looked like it had been just dumped in the box with it.

and once you get an rma number they ignore you. :D

9. SirFur

SirFur PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

Man, this sounds like a mess. I do feel for you guys having to go through all this haslle. I can imagine how you feel; I too just returned an item back to Scan, which was cos I didn't want it but even then the hassle of returning a working item and getting RMA for it etc can be hassle enough...let alone having to deal with all the problems being mentioned, inc customer service.

This why I ignored the B-listed versions even though I so want a U2711 its killing me not having one hehe...I guess my instincts were right and I'm so glad I stayed away with a barge pole...like I do with any tech which is 'not new'.

Guess, I'm just gonna have to wait. Besides I'm still pretty chuffed with my LG231 for the time being and I kinda have fallen in 'love' with it!! :p

10. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

My box was as above, except I had the added bonus of a previous customers rma note in mine :)

Anyone had their return acknowledged/ a refund yet?

11. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

B grade stuff is always a bit of a minefield, i think most of the problem is the packaging like shown. I bet allot of work goes into the original packaging, some warehouse guy with a craft knife and a chunk of foam probably isn't going to get the same results!

I had a replacement monitor delivered to work yesterday only a 17" iiyama with a toughened glass screen (stop the little ****s from putting their first through it).

Anyhow they had shipped it in a very large HP printer box, with the base still attached (it un-clips in less than 2 seconds) and the cables trailing out the back. no foam at all just packing pellets. the monitor had sunk to the bottom of the box and my had was greeted by shards of broken glass when i tried to extract it :wallbash:

12. Arednel

Arednel What's a Dremel?

OCUK never look inside the box of RMA'd items from my experience, we sent a pre built pc back to them 4 times each time putting an extra RMA note in and every time it came back with all the notes still taped to the case.

13. pete*

Indeed, it's a pisstake when it's like this really.
    I like returning things to Scan, it's quick, easy, and efficient. They don't ******** you, or haven't done it to me. Ebuyer the same. Very fast. :clap:

and y'know, I don't usually go for opened, b-grade, 2nd hand stock etc, especially things like
    monitors and PC parts. Unless it's from a 100% trusted source or I can see and use the
    product before buying. This was just a MASSIVE lapse in concentration and highly stupid
    impulse buy. Especially since I knew to never touch OCUK with a bargepole - as i'd been
    warned before. :wallbash:

Ha, mine had obviously had a previous owner. Maybe 2. So, it is a bit of a joke. My monitor
    was only picked up yesterday. So it won't get to them 'til later today.

24/10/2011 11:59:00 PARCEL ACCEPTED 1 ITEMS
    24/10/2011 11:59:00 SKELETON CON ADD 1 ITEMS
    24/10/2011 17:23:46 Forwarded to Hub 1 ITEMS
    24/10/2011 18:36:05 COLL REQ ADDED 1 ITEMS
    24/10/2011 22:41:00 Forwarded to Hub 1 ITEMS
    25/10/2011 02:42:13 On vehicle for delivery 1 ITEMS​

Will let you know when it arrives there and they acknowledge it's delivery and give my refund.

:sigh:

14. kosch

I know my box has been delivered but the OCUK RMA screen still says awaiting arrival.

15. pete*

Same, around 3pm it was delivered.

It will probably be looked at tomorrow and hopefully I get my refund.

16. kosch

17. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

I mentioned in another thread that they have a maximum of 30 days to process the refund starting from when you first raised the issues surrounding the U2711 monitor.

18. pete*

Did yours have a euro plug too? Mine did. Was a bit annoying.

Luckily I have a Dutch housemate who lent me her adapter.

Yeah. Hoping it doesn't take that long! xD

19. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I'd have returned it just for not having the right plug. Items have to be fit for purpose and if it needs an adapter to work in the UK, it's not fit for purpose.

Refund please!

20. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Mine has been received, and I have had an automated reply notifying me that it has been picked for the RMA process, 5 days-10days, then another 5 days for the refund....