1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Returns Policy on Faulty Goods

Discussion in 'General' started by trueno!, 11 Aug 2010.

1. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Hi, I've just bought a printer on ebay which is faulty and am gonna need to return it but they asked me to do this myself and pay the postage fee to return this faulty printer... is this right or wrong by consumer rights?
    Is it policy that the customer who purchased the faulty goods is responsible for the payment of posting back the faulty goods or is the e-tailer who sold the goods responsible for that???...
    Does the terms and conditions apply to my rights when it concerns faulty goods returns... I'm kinda not sure here because I remember when returning items back to Scan the administration of this was done by Scan's behalf which I liked very much, so I don't know whether this applies to other e-tailers...

Thanks for any response!!!... ^_^

2. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

trueno!, if the item was from a business, I guess you could take it up with them. However if it's a personal seller, I don't believe there is any obligation for them to sort out returning the item, as it isn't a business sale, it's just a normal second-hand trade.

PS. Also I'm not sure why this is in the Scan forum. :)

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

If you paid via paypal you can start a dispute through them regardless if it was a business or a private seller and you will have to return faulty item and get a refund.

But this should not be here as this is for Scan enquiry's

4. trueno!

trueno! That's TRUE-N-NO if ure not sure!..

Thanks for the replies guys! ^_^

Yes, I apologise for the this post being here but I really needed to quickly write this post somewhere before I needed to go for work plus I kinda wanted advice from one of the Scan staff to reply also...

@Phlanx
    As far as I know the seller is a business seller and not a private seller, because he/she applied that they only work there and that the company rules say that returns must be the customer responsibility and payment... BUT, I think that only applies to returns of items not faulty or damaged...

@Bumsrush
    Paypal?... Is there somewhere on their site where I can start a dispute through them to resolve this matter?...

Again, Sorry for the incorrectly posting of this thread, and I thank you people who has replied for replying this post... Thanks ^_^

Tags: