1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Revenge on the telesales!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Harrybo, 4 Sep 2008.

1. Snort123

Snort123 What's a Dremel?

Lol. I did this once with a noob operator. After 20mins of telling me that he was 'John' from 'Coventry' where the weather was 'raining', he broke and Amir ended up wanting to be my best friend, inviting me to come stay with his parents in kashmir... something about taking the bus to X town, then asking at the post office for Mr and Mrs Y, etc etc... the unknowing idiot then decided to call me after work, 'just to chat'.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2008
  2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

"Goooood afternoon madaaam"

3. pistol_pete

pistol_pete Air Cooled Fool

Try asking them what the time is, it's usually quite interesting. Then ask them what the time is there.

"Hello, can I speak to Mrs Irene Fouray?"

"No. Nobody lives here with that name, or has done for atleast the past 8 years."

"...Well I'm calling you today to tell you about our amazing offer on ..."

I appreciate their audacity, it doesn't matter who they are talking to as long as they can sell you some junk.

One chap I was toying with tried to sell me some new flip-phone on the basis that "flip-phones are more manly". :hehe:
    Sorry, but I don't know what's cool in your culture, but a real man only carries a phone he can also use as a hammer. Flip-phones are strictly for girls.

4. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I'm on the TPS list and can say that this really no longer works. The reason I say this is that now all the cold calls that I used to get from the UK are now coming from outside the UK and TPS can do nothing to stop these (I've tried going through the motions with TPS but as they can not get the needed info on the companies calling they can do nothing).