1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Review of Dell 2405FPW ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barry_n, 22 Apr 2005.

1. barry_n

barry_n What's a Dremel?

ok ive heard how great they are.. but does anybody have any REAL reviews of them? personal reviews or links to good reviews. gaming orientated would be good.. i read the extremetech one.. its aight but lacks pics.

2. Pointy Burdz

Pointy Burdz What's a Dremel?

Had one for a fortnight now, upgraded from a Dell 193 19"

1st reaction was, wow very large, quickly followed by wow very large, minor downside for me is I have a short desk and can't put it quite as far back as my previous tft, so I have to sit slightly further back from my desk, but not the end of the world, it is superb having so much desktop to work with, i,e, open 2 browsers at same time etc, colours are great, some complain of wash out effect, but I cant percieve any, maybe cos I'm used to tft now, HL2 in widescreen mode was a revellation, but if you have normal 4:3 games and use the DVI connection you cannot reduce them to original aspect [i,e, vertical black border] so they become stretched.

Plugged in my modded HD Xbox ang again well impressed, HD WM9 media looks very crisp as well, I watched the Hellboy DVD last night on it and I can't remember it being so colourfully vibrant on my pioneer 43" plasma with HDMI DVD player , so again another thumbs up for outright quality of picture.

Price I paid was just over £600 and so far have had absolutely no regrets

3. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

I've had one for the better part of a month now and I must say it really is quite mind blowing :) For standard Windows usage the monitor is crisp and clear so it is incredibly easy to use for extended periods of time.

When you switch to leisure such as video playback or firing up your favourite game the monitor performs again with colourful, crisp and smooth playback.

There is a caveat however and that is like all TFTs its black reproduction is more grey than a true black, but for a for a TFT it is excellent. The ultimate gaming monitor is probably still the Sony GDM-FW900 24" CRT, but that is somewhat of a large beast ;)

EBay Link

4. *mat-ster*

*mat-ster* What's a Dremel?