1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Revolution controller is bonkers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 16 Sep 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

If this isn't a joke, it is barmy and I think will be very uncomfortable.

The other thing that springs to my mind is that one of my friend's brother is slightly disabled and has not got the full use of his left hand, so he adjusts himself to using the PS2 and gamecube controller. But I cannot see how he will be able to use this controller, shame really.

That controller is a bit ugly too.

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

count me out !

*sigh*

4. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

WTF... the revolution is gonna be very differant to your "normal" console by the time it comes out :eyebrow:

BTW: the link to the forums in the article does not work:(

-Frank

5. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Please say i can use my wavebird with it. It'll sell a shed load in Japan where they love to do all that "alternative" game playing stuff. Not my cup of tea :( But i want to play the back catalouge :/

6. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

I think it looks cool :rock:

Unfortunelty I reckon my hand/s will get sore.

(There is a typo "we really want ot know what you, the gamers, make of this… thing!
    "

7. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

I seriously hope this is a joke. I love Nintendo and all but seriously...I want whatever they're smoking.

8. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

im with TR on this, nintendo are always striding ahead of people for new ideas etc, and lets face it, the rest of their controllers from previous consoles have always rocked.
    im up for giving it a chance, it depends how its used during games etc to really get the most out of it.

/edit
    and also, it looks alot better than the crappy ps3 controller.

9. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

10. Darv

Darv Bling!!

I like it. Nintendo have invented every feature in modern controllers so they know what they're doing.

You can still use a normal cube controller for more traditional games / ports but it gives a lot more freedom to developers.

Imagine say a gun attachment that unlike a light gun moves the image on the screen as to where you are aiming. The action could follow your movements.

Can't wait to try one out and see how it feels.

11. Isotopian

Isotopian What's a Dremel?

Now guys, be fair. My first impression of this was simply, WTF?!?!, but thinking about it, it actually looks quite comfortable (as I have large palms and short fingers), and I give Nintendo :thumb: :thumb: for once again being revolutionary. How fitting. Remember the N64 controller? Every person in the world was saying, hey, Nintendo, we only have two hands, not three. Now they're all saying, hey, Nintentdo, we have two hands (not one). I think they just like to shake things up at that company. But in all seriousness, this looks like a well thought out, well made, and above all else, a durable controller. I'm looking forward to it.

12. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Well, they promised it would be different, and they weren't lying.

First, whatever color of crack they are smoking over there, I'd like 2 boxes please.

But honestly, every time the big N has said "We're evolvoing...and you'll like it," I've ended up loving it. So I'm not about to knock this until I try it. It's innovative, and it really challenges the idea of what a controller could and should be. I also see it being wonderful for any type of fps, since you could essentially give yourself a beautiful freelook ability. That being said, who knows what wild games nintendo is going to come out with for it, but the possibilities are definitly opened up.

Any word on the breakability of this thing? The gyroscopes for pitch/yaw are not exactly going to be cheap, and from my understanding not exceptionally durable to something that's getting waved around, possibly dropped, thrown by accident, etc.

13. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

When I click the "Let us know your thoughts" link in the article it just opens the article again in a new window. Not sure if it's Firefox, or me just being a bit 'special', or if the link is just borked. Not that I had anything to add to the discussion beyond that, or anything... just thought I'd mention it. Gets me closer to a custom subtitle I guess :)

14. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Link sorted..

15. RTT

RTT #parp

Insane :eeek:

16. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

This has already been posted already - here.

17. Godboy_g

Godboy_g What's a Dremel?

Can't say that I really like the look of the device, but I think I'll reserve judgement untill I get a chance to play with it a bit in the stores. Who knows, if it's a hit, Sony and M$ might end up copying this for their new consoles as well....

18. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

same here, they can do whatever the hell they want with the revolution, I'll buy it, I'll end up loving it

19. Guest-6374

Guest-6374 Guest

This thing is messed up. Frankly, I like it, the idea of essentially a one-handed controller is great for cutting out all the buttons that other consoles never use. And you just know that the ability to plug in the analog stick means we'll have the ability to plug other devices in, like guns or (eventually) mice.

20. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

i don't know about this controller. it just seems it would be very very awkward to use. it does have some possiblities but it just looks too simple. i had hoped they were getting away from the kiddie games that they mainly produce. i know they have some great titles like resident evil but for the most part they seem to target a younger age group. by the looks of that controller they seem to still be targeting the younger kids. i wil try in in the store but since i haven't bought a nintendo product in well over 8 years i prolly won't be getting the revolution anyway. as far as the whole back catalogue of nintendo games i already have damn near all of them on my pc and i rigged a nes and snes controller to be usb so who needs a console that plays my faves on a funky control that i may or may not like.

Tags: Add Tags