1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News RIAA continues suit on dead guy

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 14 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

That's just stupidly stupid.

I don't see why they should take it out on his children either. Even if the guy did break their rules or whatever, why should the children suffer too?

3. wharrad

wharrad Minimodder

Oh My God!

(No blasphamy there, I mean it - what are they doing?)

A man's dead and they're still worried about copyright licence infringement?

4. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

Absolutely appalling, I hope this gets major news coverage.

5. Blitz108

Blitz108 What's a Dremel?

This is extremely screwed up, I hope that some one can put a stop to these deplorable people.

6. specofdust

specofdust Banned

EVeryone can, just don't buy music from RIAA labels. How you get your music, whether you just go for indie labels, or do other things, doesn't really make any difference(other then a little good PR) to the RIAA. All that matters is you don't buy music on the RIAA label.

The sooner these leeches and their stupid outmoded business model dies the better, and I'll be there helping them every step of the way, simply by not giving them my money.

7. tinytim02

tinytim02 What's a Dremel?

This shows the true evil nature of the RIAA :sigh:

8. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Really, how are people not reacting to all this RIAA bull****. If everyone was as informed as us here on bit-tech, the RIAA would be a black sheep in the public eye, they dont seem to be helping anyone. The people who pirate music are more likely to do it even more just to get back at the RIAA, whilst the public are oblivious. RIAA sux

9. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

For goodness sake, the RIAA just doesn't let up does it?
    Their mentality/stupidity never fails to amaze me.

10. ralph.pickering

ralph.pickering What's a Dremel?

I'm sure a new level of hell is being constructed... just for the RIAA and its lawyers. Fnarking Bar Stewards is all I can say.

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You have to admire how corporate lawyers can achieve a level of amoral reasoning that is almost psychopathic in nature... It is not about being evil --they have no concept of good and evil. They operate in an ethical vacuum.

12. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I agree with whatever Nexxo said! :p

Seriously though, they must of signed their souls away a longgg time ago!

13. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Y'know, I don't believe this. I know that's quite a stupid thing to do, disagreeing with you on something pshchological, but I really things its not that they exist in a moral vacuum, I think they've just convinced themselves they really are doing the right thing. Just like the RIAA et al.

They honestly think sueing children and dead people is legitimised by the fact that people are sharing music with other people.

What a wonderfull world we live in.

14. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

i cant believe this, if you killed a guy and died in trial you r son is going to the electric chair?????

15. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

The thing that suprises me, is they're not breaking any laws on this...it's sick, and very disrespectful, especially to the family of the accused

16. MortarHeadd

MortarHeadd What's a Dremel?

lets just get this straight... they think that a guy pirated some music. the poor fella died. so now they're going to attack his children?! And the 60 day thing is just sooo generous... my godfather died three years ago, and I still can't bring myself to see the grave more than once a year. So, in summation, the greedy buggers are not content with getting money from all those who capitulate to their threats, so they feel morally/immoraly obligated to **** the next of kin of whomever is currently in their sights. And they are not breaking any laws! Sometimes I'm ashamed of my country....

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

What sets humanity apart from animals is independant thought and morals. I'm glad to see one of those being thrown out the window.

God bless America.

18. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

What can I say that hasn't already been said. I do have one technical point about the article. Enron's former (and now deceased) CEO was Ken Lay, not Leigh.

And yes, RIAA are horrible.

-monkey

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

THE RIAA ARE MY SATANICNEONAZIFASCIST HEROES!!!!!! I JUST LOVE to hate THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

firstly, RIP dude.

Second, I hope the judge throws the case out and tells the RIAA where to shove it.

Tags: Add Tags