1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIAA Counter Sued?!

Discussion in 'General' started by jasonmason, 9 Oct 2005.

1. jasonmason

jasonmason What's a Dremel?

2. TekMonkey

TekMonkey I enjoy cheese.

I completely and wholy despise the RIAA. After failing to sue a girl's mother for what the girl downloaded with KaZaA, they're actually going directly after the 14-year-old. I'm disgusted that they've extorted so much money out of people who have settled rather than fight them. :blah:

3. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Same, but in all honestly who doesn't? :grr:

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Them, music artists. The government, obviously, because when the government lets them win their BS cases, they get private interest funding and votes for conservative candidates. I think that's it.

Anyways, go pissed off parent! I'd do exactly the same as what they've done to gather your information either a) is illegal or b) makes your download legal, nullifying any case they have against you.

Of course, they don't even produce stuff worth pirating anymore imo, all of my recent torrents (save a couple of windows versions, but those were for convenience as I DO own a legal copy) have been legal. Movies as well, though I'd put that one down more to working at a video store and getting to rent for free (though almost all my rentals are old ones, because new movies tend to suck). Sad thing is half of what we rent is TV shows on DVD, and I gave up on TV months ago because the programming sucked SO much. I actually bought two CDs last week because I finally have speakers decent enough to make low-bitrate MP3 most ungood, and very few torrents are available in flac (and I like a hardcopy). I was reluctant to do so just because I don't want the money going to the suits, but it was really the only way I could get what I wanted.

5. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

I also am glad to hear this. Too long have they been running around with the big stick. I wonder what will happen if she wins. Will all future lawsuits be thrown out for doing the same practices that they are being counter sued for?

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Class action :D

It's gotta be. "For charging too much for poor quality products then suing us after illegally tracking our downloads and believing we pirated material." (translated to legalese of course)

Oh the idea of a class action against the RIAA sounds good about now.

7. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

One of the comments:
    "That'll teach 'em. We stole that music fair and square."

Hehe.

True, if anybody bothered to fight them, they would probably win.

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

I also hope she wins - maybe it will spark many others to do the same, then, when finally the RIAA is "actually" losing money (not through internet downloads, but through people suing there lame asses) will they stop being cock jockeys of the first order and stop suing their customers.

Of course, thats just a far off dream. Gaylords like the RIAA don't go away easily!

9. bbigboy101011

bbigboy101011 What's a Dremel?

there is a god, a fair and just god, and maybe from the looks of it he spend his days downloading music.

Finaly someone bites back, these companies have to learn they aren't invincible.

10. ufk

ufk Licenced Fool

'bout bloody time to

Its been said before and no doubt it'll be said again, organisations like them are dinosaurs, soon to be extinct unless they evolve their business models and get dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century