1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIAA says: A month of Torrenting is worth more than the GDP of France. ($11 trillion)

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Bbq.of.DooM, 20 May 2006.

1. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

link

That's $11,440,939,650,000. For one month.

Am I the only one who thinks the RIAA is nuts? :sigh:

2. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

There is just soo much lost revenue that somebody has to re-claim all the lost revenue, and then a little extra. Sueing for copyright infringement is a lucrative business. . . I wonder how much money the artist gets from the lawsuits? Who is really stealing from the artist, a person who gets a copy of the song for free and then potentially goes out and buys that and other albums, or the lawyers attempting to make $150,000 per song?

L J

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

If you look at lost REVENUE, not the amount from a lawsuit. You'll be looking at $76Million~ (based on Itunes 99c per song.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

And how many of those people would have gone out and actually bought the songs if p2p didnt exist? A fraction. That's not a real world statistic.

That's like saying: Everytime you leave the house you're gonna get run over because there are so many cars on the road.

5. Uncle Psychosis

Uncle Psychosis Classically Trained

Exactly Bindi. The **AA are all full of ****.

A spokesman said:

"well, we calculated that Britney's latest record should have sold <plucks number out of arse> 16,777,556,445,889,1 and a half copies. We only sold 12 <*cough*becauseitsshit*cough*>. Pirates clearly owe us the difference, so we're going to be suing 12 year old girls."

I cannot believe that people let them get away with calculating losses from sales they never had in the first place...

Sam

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just because music churning out the same old crap each time (thers so many songs out there where I can say, "thats ripped of these 4/5/6/7/xxx songs" that its boring.

Then the actual music I like is almost impossible to get in the UK within a reasonable (less then 3 months) amount of time.