1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News RIAA vs. the people: Four years later

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 3 Sep 2007.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Bout time!
    I hope they nail the RIAA and take a good shuck out of them

3. djellison

djellison New Member

At least the RIAA havn't started adding adverts to the beginning of legally purchased music downloads telling listeners how bad illegal music will sound. The MIAA's addition of the entirely missleading and factually wrong 'illegal DVD's are terrible' adverts INFRONT OF A MOVIE I JUST PAID £7 TO GO AND SEE is just the last frickin' straw. RIAA, MIAA - both so far out of touch with consumers, they couldn't get it more wrong if they tried.

Doug

4. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

Actually even here in Portugal at the cinema before a movie you always get one of those "Downloading is as bad as homicide" ads. But then again people here honestly don't think for themselves and just follow other countries. Sucks!

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Agreed, I hate those damn adverts. £5 for a ticket and I get to wade through 30 minutes of stupid adverts.
    If they started doing that to music, well, good luck with them getting past wave out + audacity.

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The EFF's closing idea about a volentary payment once a month that allows people to do whatever the hell they like without fear of legal problems is quite intreguing. On the surface it sounds like a dumb idea, but then the TV Lisence system springs to mind. You don't need a TV lisence to watch TV, and the only way the government would know if you had an illegal TV is if they came to your house and waved an aerial about. But, despite this, everyone does get a TV lisence, it almost goes without saying. True, you do get the occasional illegal TV in student halls for example, but it's surprisingly rare. Could the same thing work for music downloads? Possibly not, but you never know.

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

£7??? Where the hell do you go to the cinema? It's about £3 at my local Vue, even less on Tuesdays or with a student card.

8. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

What really annoys me is that most DVDs now contain that annoying "being a pirate is worse than being a paedophile" ad thing. Worse still is the fact that you can't forward past that ad. I paid a tenner for that DVD, I'm not a pirate, now just let me skip the crap, please.

9. Acehole

Acehole Member

Exactly, I can't stand that, we are being punished for paying rather than downloading it (plus if I had downloaded it I could probably get a HD version rather than SD). That said I can usually skip the ad by pressing the menu button on my remote ;)

10. RTT

RTT #parp

Vue down here is £7.20 after 5PM ...

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

why do these guys do this the illogical way? it does not make sense....

12. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

As a proud EFF member I was excited when this document was first released. I really hope every one reads what the RIAA has been doing to people. Their tactics are reminiscent of a school-yard bully: Threatening people and pushing them around a bit until they get what they want.

I hope that the people who work at the RIAA will one day feel ashamed for this. When I read the news article about the 7 year old girl getting sued AND the dead woman being sued I wanted to fly out to California and punch each one of them and their lawyers in the face.

It's sickening what people will do for money now-a-days :(

13. quack

quack New Member

Also a proud EFF member. :)

[​IMG]

14. completemadness

completemadness New Member

lmao :D so true

15. severedhead

severedhead New Member

lol quack, thats awesome!

Fortunately my DVD player skips all the crap and goes straight to the menu when I play a DVD. Way to go LG!

16. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

"Ahhh!!! illegal download are growing as we sue more and more people! QUICK Sue more to to fix the problem!"

17. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

your logic is infallible.

18. Eraflo

Eraflo New Member

Your sarcasm-dar is borked

19. completemadness

completemadness New Member

or is yours ?! (*some sci fi music*)

Tags: Add Tags