1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows RIFT

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WhiteKnight226, 15 Mar 2011.

1. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Lol, good spots mate, I will have to check those out when I role a Defiant ;)

@Fanatic:
    - It is indeed EU/USA as different, but I think you change that in settings....so....the...same.....maybe..? And the servers are pvp or pve or rp erc. like usual.

- It is a great game, and yes it is a take plunge and hope for best, but I don't regret it :)

- I am on the server: Tahkaat. Anyone feel free to add me :) Name is 'Umbra'

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Cheers Matt

Next q - is the collectors edition worth it (turtle mount at 20, 24 slot bag and pet) for the extra tenner?

Think im gonna jump on it, just need to decide collectors or normal - normal is £25 on D2D at the mo and £35 for collectors.

3. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Mount you can afford at around lvl 17 without outside help. And the bag....well......probably not worth it just for that ;)

I was tempted, but came to the above conclusion (not knowing that you would be able to afford a mountat lvl 17, however ;) )

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Well have purchased the normal version and just finished downloading from d2d. Coming to Tahkaat Matt - lock up yer daughters :D

5. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

Lol good to hear mate, see ya on the battlefield ;)

6. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Still not played yet - much to learn before rolling a toon lol! Decided on Cleric to start off - found a build guide to get started off with. Can experiment more when I grasp the trees a little! much depth to be had in these talent trees :D

7. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

kl, you going guardians yeh?

What will your name be?

8. Fanatic

Fanatic Monimidder

Yep am Guardian, I kept hitting auto generate name until 'Kilan' popped up ;)

Will add you in a sec matey

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

If anyone here is playing on the Quicksilver server, if you need any company, drop me a PM :)

10. asteldian

asteldian Minimodder

I play on the Argent RP server as a Guardian with a bunch of RL friends. Having much fun, look forward to being 50 and running expert dungeons.

The game is a lot of fun, as is the Warfronts PvP (I am not a PvPer but do enjoy Warfronts) RIfts are a great part of the game too, but by far dungeons are the best aspect of the game.

Aside from questlines, there are a lot of puzzles hidden in the game (like the one themax mentioned) which give great loot, which again is a nice touch. Also, going off the 'tack' you can find additional quests too.

The game is by no means perfect, but is very good. To me the biggest flaw is actually it being too easy - outside of dungeons there is little reason to group as it is all very soloable (but then, if from WoW I guess you are used to it) sadly this tend to be the way of MMOs these days though.

11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

There really are a large number of things hidden in the world. I was strolling around the mountains between Stonefield and Freemarch when I found an "Ancient Cairn". Clicked on it and got epic shoulders and 30g or so similar to those chests. A few friends of mine were hunting for them in Shimmersand as well, seems they're all over the place. I just am slightly concerned what their value will be once people start figuring out where they all are and how often they refresh.

Btw: Defiant on Spitescar, for any interested US players.

12. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

whats the download size like? if its huge im getting the phsical copy of it for sure.

(100kbps download rate if im lucky. my internet is a joke)

13. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

8gb or something I think mine was (an update on the original one downloaded from Game)

You probs better get the physical copy if you able to. I don't think it is selling in many in my area.

14. AndyGoldie

amazon for £23 ! :thumb:

15. Ljs

Ljs Modder

I've been trying to resist Rift because I was intending to wait until TOR for my next MMO fix, but I'm starting to cave a little... :S

16. DMU_Matt

DMU_Matt mmmm cheesy

I was trying to resist as well, but this thread really brought back my mmo habit that I had kicked for so damn long..... lol

17. AndyGoldie

I quit WoW ages ago. got far too repetitive in WotLK. gonna give this a try cause I know I won't get addicted. I can quit games like WoW and EVE without caring at all :D

18. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Same here. I used to have an MMO problem (atleast I believe I did) starting with CoH and ultimately hitting it's worst when I played WoW. Since quitting WoW for over 2 years (and luckily the time I did try and get back into I got hacked which drove my away again) I have approached Rift with an "It's just another game" mentality. I am having a lot of fun, but have been able to manage my time with Rift without even really trying to. Sometimes I give it an hour, sometimes I play for a few (if I have the time and the desire), and only once so far have a dedicated a day out of my weekend to playing it since it's release.

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Warcraft's very good now, FWIW. It's worth picking up your old accounts and trying the 1-60 experience. They've completely rebuilt it from the ground up, classes, quests and all, and it's much better gameplay now.

Just saying. I'm most definitely not a fanboy :worried:

20. AndyGoldie

I played the Cataclysm Beta. I was one of the lucky ones picked. I played it at the very late testing which was pretty accurate to how the game is now. I liked it, but unfortunately I saw the future of it. Just as repetitive as ever.

My friend still plays and we were both keen PvPers and in his view PvP is just as bad as it was in WotLK. From that I'm definitely not going back. I already know if I go back to it I will get too bored of it. I hate the immaturity of the majority of players. Or the PvPers who think they are gods cause they duelwhore. Or even the PvErs who think they are gods because they never go out.

I just don't like that game now.. :(

RIFT is getting delivered tomorrow for me, i'm getting into it just because I need a game to pass the time that isn't a FPS and I love the sound of the soul system they have going.

+ the whole randomness of gateways opening and if you leave them too long they overtake the land.

Tags: