1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Robbie Bach: "PSP is a cautionary tale"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 13 Jun 2008.

1. titanfang

titanfang PC and PSP Modder

I personally think if Sony actually listened to their customers and understand what people want out of a portable gaming system would be their best option. For me I have bought several games, and I load my own movies on to it by converting them into mp4 format, which if you asked me is a pain. So I went out and joined the modded PSP scene, and I'm even more happier with my modded PSP than the original, cause i can take my old PS1 games and make them into a ISO and load them on to my memory card and play those. I agree that the selection of games are lacking, but it has a lot of possibilites. But I feel that when sony came out with the slim and added more features it cause alot of uproar.

The original PSP "known as FAT or PHAT": has less built-in memory and doesn't support skype because of that reason, and also doesn't have the tv out cables like the new slim.

I find that a rip off cause if I want those features I have to go out and buy another PSP.

For me the way to improve the PSP is MORE CODECS! only being able to use UMD's or mp4 format is a drag, cause a psp is not a Ipod (which also uses mp4 format). Another way to improve it, if we have handhelds and phones that can use a operating system why not use a CPU that is higher than 222 - 333 mhz (for fat psp's) i don't know what the speed of the slims... and don't make the interface on the PSP look the same or close to a PS3. Also make it too that it can support more than one type of sd cards, or at least more than one. I have a 8gb myself, but there have been advancements in Japan that will get people up to 64gb!!! thats the way to go if you ask me. Last thing i can think about for a improvement is to allow it to play your music while you go and look through your settings or photos, or even through a game.

From a long time fan of the PSP, i hope they make improvements that will actually make me want to update, but until then I will play my modded psp.

2. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

You do know the Gradius games and I believe the Raiden games were re-released on PSP if you were looking sidescroller and topdown shooters with crazy weapons and jets.

Tags: Add Tags