1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rock Band 2 out before Christmas?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 29 Oct 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

This is almost certainly the result of money hungry, greedy record labels holding back the UK release over the song licenses. The PS3 and X360 are not tied to PAL or NTSC anymore, they can freely scale to whatever SD resolution or have identical HD resolutions so there's no localisation reasons for the delay like there used to be for the previous generation.

That said, the price markup for the peripherals between the US and UK is going to be an absolute joke when it does finally make its way over...

3. Baz

Baz I work for Corsair

all the TV ads have said "Rock Band 2 available November," so a pre-xmas release seems likely.

4. ChriX

ChriX ^

I wonder if we will get the 6 month 360 to everything else delay again :rolleyes:

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I hope not but I can see it happening.

6. JonDixon

JonDixon Decking is the new modding

Just got Rock Band 2 on the PS3 on Tuesday and have to say its awesome (first song is Survivor - Eye of The Tiger). Really gets me that Rock Band only just came out on the PS3 in the UK and the US are on Rock Band 2.

Got my peripherals from the US as well (relative brought them over in a suitcase and yes this left no room for clothes, toiletries etc). Worked out just under half the price and that included next day shipping to their house through amazon.com.

7. Demon Cleaner

Demon Cleaner What's a Dremel?

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Meh, I'm more excited about Guitar Hero IV to be honest. I've finally been able to progress onto the orange fret and expert mode in GH3, and I can, in fact, play through most songs up to level 6 on expert. But still I am unable to exceed three stars on Fire and flames on medium. In fact, the missus outplays me quite severely on fire and flames medium, and it bugs me.

Still, we've played enough to contract tendonitis (is that how you spell that?) in both wrists, and particularly in the fingers on our left hands. Can you say carpal tunnel? But allmighty buggery! The game's fun! :D

Oh, by the way. GH4 has popped up to be pre-ordered on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001ABLHIC...iveASIN=B001ABLHIC&adid=0SE78BKDJT3XCHEQSQWG&

Tags: Add Tags