1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Rockstar rush to fix GTA IV PC issues

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 4 Dec 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Come at me bro

sounds just like they are covering themselves so people arent put off buying the game.
    how hard is it to test a game before release

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 New Member

extremely hard, i worked for rare one summer doing some q&a on first banjo kazooie game.... it put me off games for a while when you have to test every single scenario after each build

4. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg New Member

If you believe that they have left in uber settings for next gen then i feel sorry for them as they'll get damned by current high end users who can't use these settings. If that is the case they should have released a patch in a few months to un-hide the ultra high settings.

5. Buzzons

Buzzons Active Member

automated testing?

6. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

High settings only for next gen? Yea right. That's an effing console port! And every test said the graphics were bad, for consoles. So what exactly is enabled with high? 100 x polygons? 32xAA?
    If you ask me they're trying to cover their own incompetence.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I agree - QA is harder than people think... but half the errors aren't even involved in the game itself, from the sound of things... but more basic horrors like all the bloatware that it requires you to install before you can even play.

It's a bit sad, because with the 'unlimited activations' thing, it didn't have the whole 'I'm only renting this' vibe that made me so leery of the other new SecuROM-Online protected games. If it had had GfWL similar to Fallout 3, and didn't require the 'Rockstar Social Club'... I'd probably have bought this, even though I already own the PS3 version.

8. Nictron

Nictron Member

I have one sentence.

RUSHED FOR CHRISTMAS RELEASE!

9. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

All the wonderful security precautions and the game is already cracked.

10. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Yep, looks like it:

Last edited by a moderator: 4 Dec 2008
  11. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Cracked but with comedy side affects.

12. n3mo

n3mo New Member

Already cracked correctly, but still waiting for a proper scene fix which will be helpful to legit users as it will fix most problems with crappy Social Club and other useless bloatware (and future repacks will most probably completely remove all the bloat).

Anyway, Rockstar programmers are so incompetent it is just sad, good game with huge potential wasted by crappy coding and rushed release.

13. Xir

Xir Well-Known Member

"both of which are required to be running and connected before users can play or save the game"

oh great.

14. MikeHunt

MikeHunt New Member

Actually it isn't required for you to be online in order to play and save your game. You can create an offline Games for Windows profile and play without being connected.
    When I got the game on dec. 3rd, the Games for Windows / Windows Live service wasn't able to log me in, so I couldn't save the game. After trying several times I tried to create an account from within the game and I was given the opportunity to create an offline account, so now I can play without having to worry about if microsoft servers er down or whatever.

15. MikeHunt

MikeHunt New Member

I don't really get why they have spent so much time/energy on alle the bloatware and protection-systems. They could have spent all that time to tune performance or something else that would benefit the game.

As I see it, there are two kinds of people:
    - those who will pay for the game
    - those who won't

and those who won't pay for the game will get to play it no matter how much annoying protection schemes they put into it.
    So all they have achieved is to annoy those that pay for the game. For crist sake if you must check for valid copy, do an online-check (or in case of no internet, check the DVD). Anything more than that is terrorising your legit users.

Oh, byt the way...what *is* a Dremel? :)

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

So what? they had how long to test the pc version? a year or so...
    besides, even if they dont like their job, they get paid to test it, so they better do that.

Rockstar is promising fixes for a gta game? I'll believe it when I see it, simply put, go look how many patches they released for all previous GTA Games.

17. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Active Member

Huh, so much for waiting for thePC version, I'll probably end up buying it for the 360 instead.

Tags: Add Tags