1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks roommate needs help with laptop decision

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pillow, 26 Feb 2008.

1. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

My roommate needs a laptop since his hardly works and is old and shitty. well he has a max of $700 USD to spend on a brand new laptop. it would mostly just be used for listening to music, watching movies, and school work. Needs to be fast and be able to last a few years, but other than that there is no need for top end stuff. so far he is looking at HP Pavilion DV6701US, which just had a decent sized discount end. the second option would be Dell Inspiron 1525.
    Both systems look very similar, and the only big difference is that the hp has 2 gigs of ram and 40 more gigs or hd space, while the dell has only 1 gig of ram an a 120 gig hd. now thats stock for both. Personally I would recommend him the dell, but with an upgrade to a C2D processor and then buy another gig of ram from newegg.com or something along those lines. What would you guys recommend? I will do osme more searching see if i can find a better deal.

thanks for any advice,

pillow

edit: this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115412 seems like a pretty nice deal

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i agree with you. 1525, c2d, aftermarket ram. just make sure you select the 1 dimm option when ordering.

3. pillow

pillow What's a Dremel?

alright thanks. i think i will go with the dell then.