1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Royal Mail

Discussion in 'General' started by andrewbarke, 28 Jun 2011.

1. andrewbarke

andrewbarke What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to vent my annoyance at and about my postman (post-person, to be correct). The main complaint is that never, in 2 1/2 years have we had a delivery before 3pm, and then when we finally get a delivery he insists on folding everything!

on a lighter note, what time do you fellow readers get your mail delivery (royal mail, or who ever delivers your normal mail)??

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Mine always gets here before 12:00 he's polite , jolly and knocks if it wont fit through the letter box without it being mangled.

Before him I used to have a Female postie she was rude arrogant and ignorant and a racist these were her better qualities I came pretty close to punching her in the mouth one day lol

3. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Our postmans friendly and comes about 8am, but he insists on smashing on the door to knock it...>_>

4. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

Mine arrives between 10 and 11am. Nice cheerful guy. Only issue I have is he keeps dropping the rubber bands on my drive.

5. Carrie

Carrie Multimodder

lol (sorry Jake, made me laugh)

My postie's great, she delivers before 10.30 am, and if something won't fit through the letter box she tries to deliver it to an agreed alternative address on the same round :thumb:

Now a neighbour's, cos they could never get an answer at his, they'd throw the post over the wall, usually in the pond :hehe:

6. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Oink!

usually midday... if it's the van, early to mid afternoon.

I'd much rather it was earlier - then I wouldn't miss important deliveries if I had to go out (which I often do).

7. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I think the service varies from postie to postie, which is quite understandable - they're all human and can make their own decisions about how they implement the rules they're given. Personally, my current postie doesn't normally fold items but there's the occasional magazine that has a fold in an inconvenient place, if you know what I mean.

8. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

... i don't get any post so i have no idea when the local postie does his rounds...

9. Zinfandel

Zinfandel Modder

Personally I think Royal Mail are epic.

The fact you can send a letter from Edinburgh to London at 4pm and more often that not it'll get there the next day for the price of a first class stamp is pretty awesome imo.

Given the size of the organisation and the epic scale of what they do, they're not bad if we're honest.

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

I have stopped having any packages delivered to home. Always it was an attempted delivery card, even on the occasions I was home, no knock, just a card, they didn't even carry the package up the driveway or fill the card in at the door. All packages come to work now, the lads in goods in are great, they even bring them up to me in the office. If anything comes into reception I get a call to go grab it, far easier.

As for delivery times, normally around mid day is the standard.

11. Scroome

Scroome Minimodder

My Dalmatian enjoys ripping our post to shreds. She never used to, until one day I came home from work early to find the post guy tormenting her with a stick through the letter box.

My usually pleasant vocabulary took a holiday on that occassion. Neighbour took pics when he wasn't looking and reported him. Now we have a very nice chap who leaves it in the box we put on the wall, around 10-11.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2011
  12. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Between 12:00 and 15:00, We have a new postie now, seems nice, always smiles. Can't complain if i'm honest.

Sam

13. Sp!

Sp! Minimodder

No idea when the postie comes as I'm never in, They do fold a lot of stuff but that's mostley because we have quite a small letter box with a really stiff draft excluder and it's the only way to get stuff through!

14. theevilelephant

theevilelephant Minimodder

At my parent's house we've had the same postie for about 15 years. He turns up bang on 7am everyday.

At Uni, however, post turns up sporadically and randomly at all hours of the day.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2011
  15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

When i was at uni where i was always last on the round as it were so if you were lucky, you got your mail at 4pm, if you weren't it was nearer to 6. And that included all the 'Special Delivery' stuff.

16. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

Very cheerful chap when I've seen him. I think he's local to our village but he's usually pretty good. When I lived in Edinburgh however, that was a different story. Numerous packages missing (including my HL2 preorder!) Usually never received a knock or bell ring for recorded deliveries. They're not bad for simple letters but I don't trust them with anything bigger.

17. jamsand

jamsand Minimodder

Totally random when our post turns up although the postman is great he'll never break your stuff and if he can't delver takes it to the depo which is just downt he street. Royal mail on the other hand have never delivered a large parcel without some sort of gaping hole in it *sigh* that said I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect delivery service.

18. Bozwell

Bozwell What's a Dremel?

I'm a bit out in the sticks so the post usually comes late morning. Nice guy though. He saw me struggling with a large box in the garden the other week and stopped his van to get out and help me with it!

He does tend to leave parcels on our porch (which is fine as I live in a pretty safe area) even if we are in as he never knocks, just writes 'parcel on porch' on one of the letters he has just posted.

19. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

My postman is always a cheerful fellow knocks if it won't fit... sometimes i get a douche that just puts a "we missed you" note even though we're home...

Although is timing is rather irritating it could be 7.30... or midday or as late as 5pm...

so if you are ever waiting on something its really the luck of the draw when you get it

20. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Experiences with Royal Mail tend to vary depending on the delivery postie - most have massive rounds (hence the large variance in delivery times, if you're at the end of the route then you get mid-afternoon) and most have to put up with tons of miserable buggers everywhere.

That said you have to expect a bit of misery being a postie, and the best ones are still cheery with it.